Plotting of Mandlebrot/Julia sets.

asutosh hota

Mar 28, 2017, 10:59:51 PM3/28/17
to sage-dynamics
Hello,
  There is existing code for the plotting of fractals:
  However, I would like to know more on what are the features that would be a good addition to the existing one. Suggestions would be highly appreciated.

With Regards

Asutosh Hota

Ben

Mar 29, 2017, 8:01:09 PM3/29/17
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about general fractal functionality, but certainly some complex
dynamics functionality would be nice. Mandelbrot and Julia sets,
external rays, matings, periodic and misiurevicz points, etc. I believe
there is a proposal for gsoc this year that will be proposing such
functionality.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/d4a5beee-cac1-4b2e-915d-d8aefa5439b4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/d4a5beee-cac1-4b2e-915d-d8aefa5439b4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

asutosh hota

Mar 30, 2017, 12:24:08 AM3/30/17
to sage-dynamics

On Thursday, 30 March 2017 05:31:09 UTC+5:30, Ben Hutz wrote:
Not sure about general fractal functionality, but certainly some complex
dynamics functionality would be nice. Mandelbrot and Julia sets,
external rays, matings, periodic and misiurevicz points, etc. I believe
there is a proposal for gsoc this year that will be proposing such
functionality.

Actually, I were to propose a module of my proposal for gsoc on Mandelbrot and julia sets. I am looking forward to add this to my existing proposal as I have started working on it already. I might be even complete some of the functionalities before summers. So I wanted to have a better insights into what could be done.

Vincent Delecroix

Mar 30, 2017, 3:01:46 AM3/30/17
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Note that the discussion somewhat already happend

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/OxvxXQ3kJHY

Ben Barros asked for proper integration of fractal functionalities in
complex dynamics.

Vincent