Contributions in the field of Number Theory through Complex and Arithmetic Dynamics

Ashutosh Ahelleya

Mar 5, 2017, 2:31:51 AM3/5/17
to sage-dynamics
Hello,

I am Ashutosh Ahelleya, an Open Source and Cryptography Enthusiast. In Cryptography, I have been writing scripts in python which gives me sufficient knowledge about scripting that would be required to contribute to this project. If not, I will learn it; there is always a scope for learning :). Since, most of the Public-Key Cryptography revolves around Number Theory, I am keenly interested in contributing to this project not only for GSoC'17 but also after it is over. I have always been interested in Number Theory and so I want to contribute to this project. I have already started contributing to the community. I have been fixing the documentation, modified the function structure since the time I have joined Sage.

I wanted to know the essential procedure to start with the contributions in this project (As in, beginning with fixing the basic bugs and then moving further step by step). Also, please let me know if there are any specific tags given to the bugs related to this project in the trac server, used for identifying to which project the bug belongs to.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashutosh Ahelleya

Ben

Mar 5, 2017, 6:51:12 AM3/5/17
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Ashutosh,
This group is focused mainly on dynamical systems not number theory
and cryptorgraphy. There is a sage-nt group that focuses primarily on
number theory.

No, there are no tags in trac for this project, but there is a project
wiki page that keeps track of progress and has an open wish-list of
functionality.

https://wiki.sagemath.org/dynamics/ArithmeticAndComplex

Ben
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/acab2079-e388-4288-9f7f-e7ae0622d515%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/acab2079-e388-4288-9f7f-e7ae0622d515%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Ashutosh Ahelleya

Mar 5, 2017, 1:07:12 PM3/5/17
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Yea, I wish to contribute in this project for GSoC since it fits most of the required skills and hence I included some justifications to why I am interested in contributing to this project.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Ben

Mar 5, 2017, 8:15:40 PM3/5/17
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
There is no special procedure beyond the normal procedures for
contributing to Sage. The sage-developer's guide does a good job of
describing the process of contributing to Sage in general.

Unfortunately, there are not really any simple projects on the dynamics
wish list at this time. You should look at some of the 'beginner'
tickets on trac (trac.sagemath.org) to get started.

Ashutosh Ahelleya

Mar 6, 2017, 2:14:58 AM3/6/17
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Heyy,

I have already contributed to two of the beginner tickets, I will now try fixing relatively more challenging bugs on trac :)

Thanks and Regards,
Ashutosh Ahelleya