ticket 19552: needs review

Ben

Jan 4, 2016, 10:22:13 AM1/4/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
I've implemented a ticket for forward images and preimages of
subvarieties and also nth iterates and orbits. The code has been closely
reviewed, but the reviewer was not comfortable signing off that the
mathematics is computing the correct objects.

http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/19552

Could someone take a look at the method and confirm that the forward
image and preimage algorithms are in fact computing the correct objects?

I can assist with the mechanics of the reviewing process.

Thanks,
Ben

wishcow

Jan 4, 2016, 10:32:38 AM1/4/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com

I can try.
Can you give some tips?

Soli

Ben

Jan 4, 2016, 10:45:40 AM1/4/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Soli,
Are you set-up with the sage git repository? If you are, then go
into your sage folder. The following command creates a new branch,
switches to the new branch, and pulls in code for the ticket

git trac checkout 19552
./sage -b

If you don't have git-trac set-up, the sage developers guide gives
step-by-step instructions:

http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/git_trac.html

If you don't have git set-up at all, then you'll have to start farther back:

http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/index.html#git-for-sage-development

Let me know what you have set-up and I can help you through getting the
ticket downloaded.

for the mathematics, attached is a proof on how to compute forward
images. Vincent did not check that the code is doing what this says.

Ben

On 1/4/2016 9:32 AM, wishcow wrote:
> I can try.
> Can you give some tips?
>
> Soli
>
> On Jan 4, 2016 17:22, "Ben" <bn4...@gmail.com <mailto:bn4...@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> I've implemented a ticket for forward images and preimages of
> subvarieties and also nth iterates and orbits. The code has been
> closely reviewed, but the reviewer was not comfortable signing off
> that the mathematics is computing the correct objects.
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/19552
>
> Could someone take a look at the method and confirm that the forward
> image and preimage algorithms are in fact computing the correct objects?
>
> I can assist with the mechanics of the reviewing process.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/568A8E22.5040700%40gmail.com.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/CADpEFvH_ekvUQPRDO1C5cB9FXy163M2V3ohLUSqPb-5716D7Kg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/CADpEFvH_ekvUQPRDO1C5cB9FXy163M2V3ohLUSqPb-5716D7Kg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
subvarieties_computing.pdf

wishcow

Jan 4, 2016, 10:51:10 AM1/4/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com

Yeah I have git set up and everything. The ticket is the easy part. OK I will start reading tonight and keep you updated.

Soli

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/568A93A0.7030901%40gmail.com.

Ben

Jan 4, 2016, 10:54:15 AM1/4/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Great. Forward images are an elimination computation as described in the
document. preimages are simple: they are points whose image satisfy the
equations, so you can just precompose the variety equations with the
function.

Once you agree with the math, then you just need to verify that the code
does what the math says it should.

Ben

On 1/4/2016 9:51 AM, wishcow wrote:
> [...]
>
> I can try.
> Can you give some tips?
>
> Soli
>
> On Jan 4, 2016 17:22, "Ben" <bn4...@gmail.com
> <mailto:bn4...@gmail.com> <mailto:bn4...@gmail.com
> <mailto:bn4...@gmail.com>>>
> wrote:
>
> I've implemented a ticket for forward images and preimages of
> subvarieties and also nth iterates and orbits. The code has
> been
> closely reviewed, but the reviewer was not comfortable
> signing off
> that the mathematics is computing the correct objects.
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/19552
>
> Could someone take a look at the method and confirm that
> the forward
> image and preimage algorithms are in fact computing the
> correct objects?
>
> I can assist with the mechanics of the reviewing process.

Gmail

Jan 25, 2016, 2:21:16 PM1/25/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,
Did this get worked on yet? I should have a little time to look at things in the next few weeks.

Adam

Sent from my iPhone
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sage-dynamic...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/568A95A4.7050601%40gmail.com.