Intel Ct and Finance...

Glenn H Tarbox, PhD

Jul 8, 2008, 1:30:00 PM7/8/08
to sage-f...@googlegroups.com, sage-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I understand this paper... they seem to be claiming that by
using Ct, you get around 10x speedup for many applications PER-CORE!!!
At best, non-intuitive...

http://techresearch.intel.com/userfiles/en-us/File/terascale/Ct-appnote-option-pricing.pdf

-glenn

--
Glenn H. Tarbox, PhD || 206-494-0819 || gl...@tarbox.org
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any

Gary Furnish

Jul 8, 2008, 1:53:06 PM7/8/08
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
That is amazing. Do we know if its going to be open source yet?

Glenn H Tarbox, PhD

Jul 8, 2008, 2:11:54 PM7/8/08
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 10:53 -0700, Gary Furnish wrote:
> That is amazing. Do we know if its going to be open source yet?

doesn't look like they made up their minds yet...

http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/development/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=YGSAFBMLVE0A4QSNDLPCKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=208403616

I'm gonna collect information on this and put it at:

http://wiki.sagemath.org/DsageNg/HardwareArchitecture/IntelCt