starting dsage on a pool of machines

Guy Tel-Zur

Feb 19, 2009, 11:14:18 AM2/19/09
to sage-dsageng
I am new to Sage. I will appreciate if someone could write here a full
example how one should start for example a system of 3 machines: 1
front-end client, 1 server and 1 worker.
1) What is the right sequence and arguments of dsage initialization at
each of the nodes.
2) Do these commands require sage to be started as root?
3) How to watch the pool status via a web browser.

--Guy

A. Jorge Garcia

Feb 24, 2009, 8:50:46 AM2/24/09
to sage-dsageng
Yup, I'd like a bit of a tutorial as well.

BTW, are dsage and dsageng different? I'd like to see, for example,
how Yi Qiang's video demo distributed a povray job using dsage.
Another example, how complex would it be distribute a Lucas-Lehmer
test for primality of very large Mersenne Primes?

TIA,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math & CS
Teacher & Professor
Baldwin SHS & Nassau CC

A. Jorge Garcia

Mar 4, 2009, 8:38:17 AM3/4/09
to sage-dsageng
OOPS, silly me, dsageng must mean dsage news group, right?

The fact remains that there needs to be some sort of tutorial for
dsage and sample programs that make use of dasge. Is anything like
this available or in the works?