Sage 4.3.2.alpha0 test failures on Fedora 12

Gokhan Sever

Jan 27, 2010, 6:15:23 PM1/27/10
to sage-devel
Hello,

uname -a
Linux ccn 2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Dec 21 06:04:56 UTC
2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Getting many errors after ./sage -testall

The following tests failed:

sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modules/free_module.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/coding/code_constructions.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/coding/linear_code.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/groups/generic.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modular/ssmod/ssmod.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modular/modform/ambient.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modular/modsym/space.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modular/modsym/modsym.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix_sparse.pyx" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix2.pyx" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix_space.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/geometry/polyhedra.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/geometry/lattice_polytope.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/combinat/posets/posets.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/combinat/posets/hasse_diagram.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/combinat/words/suffix_trees.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/combinat/words/word.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/combinat/yang_baxter_graph.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/combinat/crystals/letters.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/combinat/crystals/crystals.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/rings/polynomial/
multi_polynomial_libsingular.pyx"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/rings/polynomial/
polynomial_quotient_ring_element.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/rings/finite_field_ntl_gf2e.pyx" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/rings/number_field/number_field.py" #
Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/rings/number_field/number_field_rel.py" #
Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/rings/finite_field_morphism.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/rings/finite_field_ext_pari.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/plot/plot.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/plot/colors.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/plot/scatter_plot.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/tests/benchmark.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/misc/functional.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/schemes/elliptic_curves/
ell_rational_field.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/schemes/elliptic_curves/
ell_finite_field.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/schemes/elliptic_curves/ell_point.py" #
Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/
hyperelliptic_finite_field.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/
hyperelliptic_generic.py" # Segfault
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/libs/cremona/newforms.pyx"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/graphs/graph.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/graphs/graph_plot.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/graphs/digraph.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/graphs/cliquer.pyx"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/graphs/generic_graph.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/graphs/graph_list.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/graphs/graph_bundle.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/graphs/bipartite_graph.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/categories/finite_coxeter_groups.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/categories/coxeter_groups.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/categories/category.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/categories/primer.py"
sage -t "devel/sage/sage/gsl/probability_distribution.pyx"

Total time for all tests: 6459.6 seconds

Where can I post logs for the errors? Is it fine to post here or any
alternative place better?

Message has been deleted

Jaap Spies

Jan 27, 2010, 8:15:08 PM1/27/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Gokhan Sever wrote:
> Hello,
>
> uname -a
> Linux ccn 2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Dec 21 06:04:56 UTC
> 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> Getting many errors after ./sage -testall

> The following tests failed:
>
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modules/free_module.py" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/coding/code_constructions.py" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/coding/linear_code.py" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/groups/generic.py" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modular/ssmod/ssmod.py" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modular/modform/ambient.py" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modular/modsym/space.py" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/modular/modsym/modsym.py" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix_sparse.pyx" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix2.pyx" # Segfault
> sage -t "devel/sage/sage/matrix/matrix_space.py" # Segfault

Finally some one with test failures that relate to mine on Fedora 12!

See ticket: http://sagetrac.org/sage_trac/ticket/7773

Jaap

Gokhan Sever

Jan 27, 2010, 9:24:06 PM1/27/10
to sage-devel

Could someone register me at the Trac? I am getting a bizarre error
there:

Trac detected an internal error:

KeyError: 'recaptcha_challenge_field'

There was an internal error in Trac. It is recommended that you inform
your local Trac administrator and give him all the information he
needs to reproduce the issue.

The action that triggered the error was:

POST: /register

TracGuide — The Trac User and Administration Guide

There is this message at register page:

"This reCAPTCHA key isn't authorized for the given domain. More
info.."

Anyways, I will post my error logs there once I logged in.

Do you think we should report these issues at Bugzilla as well?

Also what is the difference between running the test suite (from
$SAGE_ROOT/README.TXT) and testing the installation with ./sage -
testall

If you want to run the test suite for each individual spkg as it is
installed, type

export SAGE_CHECK="yes"

before starting the Sage build. This will run each test suite and
will raise an error if any failures occur.

Once there is an error built is stopped with this. As I described in
To me, this shouldn't stop the build process instead should be
reported at the end of the action.

One more, can we test both test_suite and doctests seperated for each
package instead of one-run run-all approach?

Thanks.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Pat LeSmithe

Jan 27, 2010, 10:49:39 PM1/27/10
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 01/27/2010 06:24 PM, Gokhan Sever wrote:
> On Jan 27, 7:15 pm, Jaap Spies <j.sp...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>> Gokhan Sever wrote:
> Could someone register me at the Trac? I am getting a bizarre error
> there:

Could you let us know the name and version of the browser and the URL
for the page with the error? Also, could you please try to register
again at

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/register

and tell us what happens?

Possibly relevant background: reCAPTCHA uses a public-private key pair
to authenticate registration attempts. The keys are host-specific,
i.e., only for trac.sagemath.org. The web server is set up to map
sagetrac.org and www.sagetrac.org URLs to trac.sagemath.org. But this
may throw off some browsers. I've adjusted the configuration so that
this is less likely.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gokhan Sever

Jan 27, 2010, 11:46:06 PM1/27/10
to sage-devel

On Jan 27, 9:49 pm, Pat LeSmithe <qed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/27/2010 06:24 PM, Gokhan Sever wrote:
>
> > On Jan 27, 7:15 pm, Jaap Spies <j.sp...@hccnet.nl> wrote:
> >> Gokhan Sever wrote:
> > Could someone register me at the Trac? I am getting a bizarre error
> > there:
>
> Could you let us know the name and version of the browser and the URL
> for the page with the error?  Also, could you please try to register
> again at
>
>        http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/register
>
> and tell us what happens?

I was using this same page, and after you updated I have been able to
register myself.

This is Firefox v3.5.6 on Fedora 12.

> Possibly relevant background: reCAPTCHA uses a public-private key pair
> to authenticate registration attempts.  The keys are host-specific,
> i.e., only for trac.sagemath.org.  The web server is set up to map

> sagetrac.org andwww.sagetrac.orgURLs to trac.sagemath.org.  But this

> may throw off some browsers.  I've adjusted the configuration so that
> this is less likely.
>
> I apologize for the inconvenience.

No problem, thanks for the quick response ;)

Gokhan Sever

Jan 28, 2010, 12:06:41 AM1/28/10
to sage-devel

On Jan 27, 8:53 pm, Minh Nguyen <nguyenmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gokhan,
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Gokhan Sever <gokhanse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>

> > Could someone register me at the Trac? I am getting a bizarre error
> > there:
>

> Please send an email to William Stein, reporting the issue and/or
> request an account.

> > Also what is the difference between running the test suite (from
> > $SAGE_ROOT/README.TXT) and testing the installation with ./sage -
> > testall
>
> >   If you want to run the test suite for each individual spkg as it is
> >   installed, type
>
> >       export SAGE_CHECK="yes"
>

> This environment variable is for running the test suite as contained
> in the upstream source code. The idea is that once an spkg is
> successfully compiled, if you have exported the above environment
> variable, then the installation process would continue with running
> the test suite in the upstream project. The source code of the
> upstream project is contained in the directory src/ of an spkg, so the
> test suite of that project should also be under src/. The script
> spkg-check in the top-level directory of the spkg is for running the
> test suite in the upstream project. See this section of the
> Developers' Guide for more information on the script spkg-check:
>
> http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/producing_spkgs.html

> > Once there is an error built is stopped with this. As I described in

> > To me, this shouldn't stop the build process instead should be
> > reported at the end of the action.
>

> If you do this
>
> export SAGE_CHECK="yes"
>
> before running "make" to start the build process, the test suite of
> any successfully compiled spkg would be run. If an error occurred
> during the running of any test suite, then the whole build process
> would be stopped. If you don't want to run the test suite (of the
> upstream project), don't export this environment variable. However, I
> do understand that the README.txt doesn't sufficiently document the
> gravity of the situation you would get yourself into when you do
>
> export SAGE_CHECK="yes"
>
> before issuing "make". Feel free to open a ticket to better document
> this in README.txt.

My first ticket is at :)

Also updated Jaap's ticket with my doctest run log.

Thanks for the long descriptive reply Minh. I will need sometime to
completely digest your explanations :)