patchbot owners, please update to 3.0.3

Frédéric Chapoton

Jan 14, 2022, 11:40:27 AM1/14/22
to sage-devel
Hello,
github has removed the git: protocol. So patchbots need to be updated.
please update your patchbot to the latest available tag
Frédéric

Frédéric Chapoton

Jan 14, 2022, 3:25:11 PM1/14/22
to sage-devel
also patchbots have persistent problems with building docs. Can the people that changed something to doc-building please repair the patchbot accordingly ? pull request on github, please

Frédéric Chapoton

Jan 17, 2022, 3:31:31 PM1/17/22
to sage-devel
and to fix the remaining doc-cleaning issue, please upgrade again to the master branch of github (aka tag 3.0.4)

(I would appreciate answers, rather than full silence)

Frédéric

jonatha...@googlemail.com

Jan 21, 2022, 4:43:01 AM1/21/22
to sage-devel
Hi Frédéric,

due to https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33027 I have given up on running my patchbot.

Jonathan

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 21, 2022, 6:16:52 AM1/21/22
to sage-devel
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:43 AM 'jonatha...@googlemail.com' via
sage-devel <sage-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi Frédéric,
>
> due to https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33027 I have given up on running my patchbot.

I've made this ticket a blocker.

Everyone who has an idea about sage-cleaner, please have a look.
Naturally, pexpect interface (to maxima) is involved.

Dima

> Jonathan
>
> Frédéric Chapoton schrieb am Montag, 17. Januar 2022 um 21:31:31 UTC+1:
>>
>> and to fix the remaining doc-cleaning issue, please upgrade again to the master branch of github (aka tag 3.0.4)
>>
>> (I would appreciate answers, rather than full silence)
>>
>> Frédéric
>> Le vendredi 14 janvier 2022 à 21:25:11 UTC+1, Frédéric Chapoton a écrit :
>>>
>>> also patchbots have persistent problems with building docs. Can the people that changed something to doc-building please repair the patchbot accordingly ? pull request on github, please
>>>
>>> https://patchbot.sagemath.org/ticket/33157/

Samuel Lelievre

Jan 21, 2022, 7:40:17 AM1/21/22
to sage-devel
Hi Frédéric,

I have upgraded to sage-patchbot 3.0.4 on "pascaline".

On Sage 9.5.rc2, "ticket 0" failed with
SEED=94195001484901963602666886307845237936
alias sagetest=".sage -t --long --random-seed=$SEED"
sagetest src/sage/features/interfaces.py  # Timed out
sagetest src/sage/game_theory/parser.py  # 2 doctests failed

I'll try again with Sage 9.5.rc3 and in case all tests pass
a patchbot on pascaline can be launched again.  --Samuel

Frédéric Chapoton

Jan 21, 2022, 3:55:36 PM1/21/22
to sage-devel
lrslib doctests in game_theory/parser.py are fixed in #33101 (positive review)

Samuel Lelievre

Jan 22, 2022, 8:54:40 AM1/22/22
to sage-devel
Hi Frédéric,

Thanks for the link! Hope the branch at that ticket gets
merged in the next development release. Tried building
Sage 9.5.rc3 but hit the sagemath_doc_html build failure
reported at ticket #33139.

only visible until the next development release comes out?
Or is there a way to refer to them that persists a bit longer?

Thanks for maintaining sage-patchbot!   --Samuel

2022-01-21 20:55:36 UTC, Frédéric Chapoton:

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 22, 2022, 8:56:10 AM1/22/22
to sage-devel

On Fri, 21 Jan 2022, 11:16 Dima Pasechnik, <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:43 AM 'jonatha...@googlemail.com' via
sage-devel <sage-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi Frédéric,
>
> due to https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33027 I have given up on running my patchbot.

I've made this ticket a blocker.

Everyone who has an idea about sage-cleaner, please have a look.
Naturally, pexpect interface (to maxima) is involved.

we have a fix there now, please test.

Frédéric Chapoton

Jan 24, 2022, 7:54:04 AM1/24/22
to sage-devel
you can use the base argument in the https adress

But sometimes I clean old reports, keeping only very recent ones

Samuel Lelievre

Jan 24, 2022, 4:47:24 PM1/24/22
to sage-devel
2022-01-24 12:54:04 UTC, Frédéric Chapoton:
you can use the base argument in the https adress

But sometimes I clean old reports, keeping only very recent ones

Thanks for the tip. Cleaning up once in a while makes sense
and I was not dreaming of everlasting links, merely hoping
for access to reports for a few weeks to a couple of months.
Seems that is the case. Thank you for the maintenance!  --Samuel

Samuel Lelievre

Jan 30, 2022, 1:21:47 PM1/30/22
to sage-devel
Restarting my "pascaline patchbot" depends on

As a workaround, I can imagine creating fake lrslib
and mathematica executables, placed in my PATH,
that can quickly fail Sage's feature detection for lrslib
and mathematica, so that my patchbot can skip all
doctests marked "# optional - lrslib / mathematica"
and resume its role of testing tickets.

Any ideas on a way to do that?