Invitation: Weekly 30-minute Sage developer calls on Jitsi

Matthias Koeppe

Sep 20, 2022, 12:02:39 AM9/20/22
to sage-devel
Dear all,
Our first Sage developer calls last Thursday/Friday on Zoom were very successful!

We are switching to video conferencing on Jitsi from now on. It is open source software; see https://jitsi.org/about/

Thanks to all who filled out the poll to find times for regular meetings. We'll use the following weekly schedule from now on. (The poll is still open -- we can periodically readjust according to people's changing availability – http://whenisgood.net/2kbimt4)

Call A:
Thursday evening, 9:15pm Oakland (California)
Friday afternoon, 4:15pm Auckland (New Zealand)
Friday early afternoon, 13:15 Tokyo

Call B:
Monday morning, 11:15am San Francisco
Monday afternoon, 2:15pm New York
Monday evening, 20:15 Paris

You can put these meetings on your calendar by subscribing to this Google calendar:

(Organizers of other Sage activities around the world: Contact me if you wish to put your activities on the calendar.)

Matthias Koeppe

Sep 23, 2022, 12:13:07 AM9/23/22
to sage-devel
Starting now

Matthias Koeppe

Sep 26, 2022, 1:01:16 PM9/26/22
to sage-devel
Reminder: This is today ---
Monday morning, 11:15am San Francisco
Monday afternoon, 2:15pm New York
Monday evening, 20:15 Paris

Matthias Koeppe

Sep 26, 2022, 4:34:30 PM9/26/22
to sage-devel
Many thanks to all who joined the call today!
I've updated https://github.com/sagemath/sage/wiki/migration-from-trac-to-Git**b according to our discussions regarding the details of the proposed migration to GitHub.

Matthias Koeppe

Matthias Koeppe

Oct 2, 2022, 6:32:52 PM10/2/22
to sage-devel
New times:

Calls for Europe / Africa / Americas:

Monday noon, 12:15pm San Francisco
Monday afternoon, 3:15pm New York
Monday evening, 21:15 Paris

Calls for Americas / Asia-Pacific region:

Thursday evening, 7:15pm Oakland (California)
Thursday evening, 10:15pm New York
Friday afternoon, 2:15pm Auckland (New Zealand)
Friday morning, 11:15 Tokyo

On Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 8:26:48 PM UTC-7 Matthias Koeppe wrote:
On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 9:02:39 PM UTC-7 Matthias Koeppe wrote:
We are switching to video conferencing on Jitsi from now on. It is open source software; see https://jitsi.org/about/

Thanks to all who filled out the poll to find times for regular meetings. We'll use the following weekly schedule from now on. (The poll is still open -- we can periodically readjust according to people's changing availability – http://whenisgood.net/2kbimt4)

Eric Gourgoulhon

Oct 3, 2022, 3:22:56 PM10/3/22
to sage-devel
Hi,

Le lundi 3 octobre 2022 à 00:32:52 UTC+2, Matthias Koeppe a écrit :
New times:

Calls for Europe / Africa / Americas:

Monday noon, 12:15pm San Francisco
Monday afternoon, 3:15pm New York
Monday evening, 21:15 Paris

Could there be some error on the time zone or schedule?  It is 21:20 in Paris and there is nobody in the room....

Eric.

Matthias Koeppe

Oct 3, 2022, 3:45:30 PM10/3/22
to sage-devel
I was running late today from another meeting -- glad I still caught you when you were online!

Matthias

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 3, 2022, 5:10:06 PM10/3/22
to sage-devel
20:15 UK (i.e. 21:15 Paris) is quite inconvenient slot for me, as that's close to bedtime for my son.

William Stein

Oct 3, 2022, 5:32:18 PM10/3/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
For what it is worth, I think Matthias plans to use a time slot just for a couple weeks then change it.

For Jupyter they have maybe 6 or so weekly or biweekly meetings on special subtopics and people go to maybe 2 or 3.   Maybe we could consider something more  like that?   What are some good ideas for topics?

--
-- William Stein

Matthias Koeppe

Oct 6, 2022, 10:05:25 PM10/6/22
to sage-devel
Starting now: Calls for Americas / Asia-Pacific region:
(everyone is welcome)

Thursday evening, 7:15pm Oakland (California)
Thursday evening, 10:15pm New York
Friday afternoon, 2:15pm Auckland (New Zealand)
Friday morning, 11:15 Tokyo

Matthias Koeppe

Oct 10, 2022, 2:18:56 PM10/10/22
to sage-devel
Starting in less than an hour:

Matthias Koeppe

Matthias Koeppe

Oct 17, 2022, 2:21:01 PM10/17/22
to sage-devel
Calls for Europe / Africa / Americas:

Monday noon, 12:15pm San Francisco
Monday afternoon, 3:15pm New York
Monday evening, 21:15 Paris

François Bissey

Oct 20, 2022, 7:53:13 PM10/20/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Note that New Zealand has switched to daylight saving (or from I never
remember, French call them winter time and summer time, much easier) in
the last few weeks. So, the calling time was 3:15pm for me.
I would be able to make 2:15pm, but not 3:15pm as I get a kid from
school at that time. 4:15 is out this week too.

On 14/10/22 15:00, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> Thursday evening, 7:15pm Oakland (California)
> Thursday evening, 10:15pm New York
> Friday afternoon, 2:15pm Auckland (New Zealand)
> Friday morning, 11:15 Tokyo
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://meet.jit.si/WellMixesPictureThere&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1M02cw0JlxEWOjuRQ1VYFj>

François

Matthias Koeppe

Oct 24, 2022, 3:13:46 PM10/24/22
to sage-devel
Another Sage developer call starting now.

Matthias Koeppe

Oct 31, 2022, 3:11:42 PM10/31/22
to sage-devel
We have another Sage developer call starting now.

We can periodically readjust schedule according to people's changing availability - http://whenisgood.net/2kbimt4

Matthias Koeppe

Nov 7, 2022, 1:36:34 PM11/7/22
to sage-devel
Updated times for Europe / Africa / Americas after DST changes:

Monday noon, 12:15pm San Francisco
Monday afternoon, 3:15pm New York
Monday afternoon, 17:15 Rio de Janeiro & Santiago de Chile
Monday evening, 21:15 Paris
Monday evening, 22:15 Johannesburg

François Bissey

Nov 7, 2022, 1:48:58 PM11/7/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

On 8/11/22 07:36, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> Updated times for Europe / Africa / Americas after DST changes:
>
> Monday noon, 12:15pm San Francisco
> Monday afternoon, 3:15pm New York
> Monday afternoon, 17:15 Rio de Janeiro & Santiago de Chile
> Monday evening, 21:15 Paris
> Monday evening, 22:15 Johannesburg

Tuesday morning, 9:15am Auckland :)

I may be able to make that one, but it clashes with an early meeting -
which I will not be sorry to miss :)

François

Matthias Koeppe

Matthias Koeppe

Matthias Koeppe

Nov 28, 2022, 2:42:40 PM11/28/22
to sage-devel
All, please join us for another Sage developer call, same times:

Matthias Koeppe

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 2, 2023, 2:27:05 PM1/2/23
to sage-devel
Happy new year! The Sage developer calls continue weekly at the usual times:

Proposed main topic today: The transition to GitHub

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 9, 2023, 2:26:40 PM1/9/23
to sage-devel
Same times today as usual

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 16, 2023, 3:09:23 PM1/16/23
to sage-devel
Come join us for today's Sage developer call