Build & Test workflow does not run on a tag push, unlike Lint workflow

Kwankyu Lee

Aug 14, 2023, 7:42:24 AM8/14/23
to sage-devel
Hi,

This is the beginning of the workflow ".github/workflows/build.yml". As you see
-------------------------------------
name: Build & Test

on:
  pull_request:
  push:
    branches: ['**']
    # Ignore pushes on tags to prevent two uploads of codecov reports
    tags-ignore: ['**']

  workflow_dispatch:
    # Allow to run manually

the workflow does not run on a tag push. For instance, the workflow did not run on the recent push of "sage 10.1.rc0".

Could we remove "tags-ignore" part so that the workflow runs for fresh check of a new beta? Of course, the problem of "two uploads of codecov reports" should be solved in other means (I hope there is one).

I want to use the result of the run to update the wiki: https://github.com/sagemath/sage/wiki#checks

Kwankyu Lee

Aug 14, 2023, 7:58:54 AM8/14/23
to sage-devel
Never mind. The workflow runs on "develop" branch push. I can use that.