The SageMath developer map needs your (updated) information

Matthias Koeppe

May 8, 2022, 4:51:56 PM5/8/22
to sage-devel

To add yourself or to update your information: edit https://github.com/sagemath/website/blob/master/conf/contributors.xml and send a pull request

Dima Pasechnik

May 9, 2022, 3:51:09 AM5/9/22
to sage-devel
On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 9:51 PM Matthias Koeppe <matthia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.sagemath.org/development-map.html
>
> To add yourself or to update your information: edit https://github.com/sagemath/website/blob/master/conf/contributors.xml and send a pull request

there are lots of `http:` URLs there which should become `https:`
Also, some contributors don't have their trac logins mentioned.

David Roe

May 9, 2022, 3:59:29 AM5/9/22
to sage-devel
For former contributors who are no longer active, do we have a policy about saying their current institution/company versus where they were when they were contributing to Sage?
David

Vincent Delecroix

May 9, 2022, 12:54:29 PM5/9/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
It would be cool to have map locators for the quadruple

(person, time, affiliation, trac id)

(no affiliation being an option). That way we could make many
maps out of one. And in particular visualize the evolution of
sage development.

Vincent
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CAAWYfq1b0j6t-Z0cR8bBzv7CDK8bGwvXooSeqe7SLjTSZdu_NQ%40mail.gmail.com
>> .

Matthias Koeppe

May 9, 2022, 1:00:34 PM5/9/22
to sage-devel
There's no policy AFAIK, but I think there's no point in updating their affiliation/location after their last contribution to Sage.

Matthias Koeppe

May 9, 2022, 1:11:00 PM5/9/22
to sage-devel
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/graphs/contributors already has a good visualization of the time axis.

But some data is missing -- fchapoton's contributions appear to stop in 2019, tcscrim is missing completely.

Maybe people could take the time to check which email addresses used on commits have been made known to GitHub?

Travis Scrimshaw

May 14, 2022, 11:08:56 PM5/14/22
to sage-devel
I think I have used a “malformed” email address in the past (which github won’t recognize/accept) with “at” instead of “@“ to try and avoid some spambots, so we might need to change the history in order to fix mine…

Best,
Travis