Citing the same paper in docstrings of two different methods

Clemens Heuberger

Feb 7, 2015, 5:08:44 AM2/7/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to cite the same paper in the docstring of two different methods in
different modules.

So

ALGORITHM:

See [HKP2015]_, Section 6.

REFERENCES:

.. [HKP2015] ... , :arxiv:`1502.01412`.

in one module and

ALGORITHM:

See [HKP2015]_, Section 4.

REFERENCES:

.. [HKP2015] ... , :arxiv:`1502.01412`.

in the other module.

I cannot do that, because I get the error "duplicate citation HKP2015".

I see two options:

- remove the "REFERENCES: ..." part in one of the modules and live with the
fact that there is a hyperlink from one module to the other.

- rename one of the occurrences to [HKP2015a].

Are there other options? What are your recommendations? What about the same
question for different methods in one module?

Thank you,

CH

--
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Clemens Heuberger Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
Institut für Mathematik, Universitätsstraße 65-67, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria

Nathann Cohen

Feb 7, 2015, 5:34:40 AM2/7/15
to Sage devel
> - remove the "REFERENCES: ..." part in one of the modules and live with the
> fact that there is a hyperlink from one module to the other.
+1

Nathann

Marc Mezzarobba

Feb 7, 2015, 7:24:34 AM2/7/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Clemens Heuberger wrote:
> Are there other options? What are your recommendations?

Assuming the two modules are part of the same package, I would add a
separate REFERENCES section somewhere in the package and make both
docstrings point to that section.

--
Marc