file reported missing during install

François Bissey

May 16, 2022, 7:31:50 PM5/16/22
to sage-devel
Hi,

I have noticed it before but I have only started to wonder about it while preparing the 9.6 release for Gentoo.
During the install phase while the wheel is being prepared I have the following messages

listing git files failed - pretending there aren't any
warning: no files found matching '*.hh' anywhere in distribution
warning: no files found matching '*.inc' anywhere in distribution
no previously-included directories found matching '.tox'
warning: no directories found matching 'sage/libs/gap/test'
no previously-included directories found matching 'sage_setup'
* Installing the wheel to /var/tmp/portage/sci-mathematics/sage-9.6/work/sagemath-standard-9.6-python3_10/install

Nothing really surprising except for that “sage/libs/gap/test” directory seemingly coming out of nowhere.

Inspecting the source in git, it seems to come from src/MANIFEST.in
src/MANIFEST.in:graft sage/libs/gap/test
which ultimately is shipped inside the sage math-standard sdist as its regular MANIFEST.in file.
Is this something that should be removed or that is actually incorrect? There is no such folder but there are two files called
sage/libs/gap/test.py
sage/libs/gap/test_long.py
in the sources and they are installed as regular python files as part of sagemath-standard.

François

Matthias Koeppe

May 16, 2022, 8:11:35 PM5/16/22
to sage-devel
It looks like this directory was removed in #27155, so this line can be removed from MANIFEST.in

François Bissey

May 16, 2022, 8:24:48 PM5/16/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Right, I’ll open a ticket for that.