Please add your GitHub account name to the SageMath contributor info

Matthias Koeppe

Sep 12, 2022, 8:12:33 AM9/12/22
to sage-devel
Dear Sage developers (current and past):

The SageMath developer map (https://www.sagemath.org/development-map.html) needs your updated information.

In particular, motivated by the proposed migration from Trac to GitHub Issues/PRs (https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/30363), we will need your GitHub account name by September 26.
(If you don't have a GitHub account yet, now is a great time to open one.)

The source code of the Sage website is maintained in the GitHub repository https://github.com/sagemath/website; to add yourself or to update your information shown in the development map, edit the file https://github.com/sagemath/website/blob/master/conf/contributors.xml and send a pull request (PR).
- For your GitHub user name, use the "github" attribute.
- For your (legacy) Trac user name, use the "trac" attribute. If you already use a GitHub login for Trac, i.e., your Trac user name starts with "gh-", there is no need to add the "trac" attribute.
- If you have a Gitlab.com account, you can also add that if you want, using the "gitlab" attribute.

You can do all of this editing directly on GitHub by clicking the "Edit" button; or, if you prefer, you can fork the repository, clone it to your computer, edit it there, commit the change, push it to your fork, and send a PR.

We would also like to consolidate the Sage developer map information with the information currently at https://trac.sagemath.org/#AccountNamesMappedtoRealNames; if your name appears on this Trac page, please help us by doing the following:
- review the information there, move it to the contributors.xml file, and then delete it from the Trac page.

David Joyner

Sep 12, 2022, 8:28:08 AM9/12/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 8:12 AM Matthias Koeppe
<matthia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sage developers (current and past):
>
> The SageMath developer map (https://www.sagemath.org/development-map.html) needs your updated information.
>
> In particular, motivated by the proposed migration from Trac to GitHub Issues/PRs (https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/30363), we will need your GitHub account name by September 26.
> (If you don't have a GitHub account yet, now is a great time to open one.)
>
> The source code of the Sage website is maintained in the GitHub repository https://github.com/sagemath/website; to add yourself or to update your information shown in the development map, edit the file https://github.com/sagemath/website/blob/master/conf/contributors.xml and send a pull request (PR).
> - For your GitHub user name, use the "github" attribute.
> - For your (legacy) Trac user name, use the "trac" attribute. If you already use a GitHub login for Trac, i.e., your Trac user name starts with "gh-", there is no need to add the "trac" attribute.
> - If you have a Gitlab.com account, you can also add that if you want, using the "gitlab" attribute.
>
> You can do all of this editing directly on GitHub by clicking the "Edit" button; or, if you prefer, you can fork the repository, clone it to your computer, edit it there, commit the change, push it to your fork, and send a PR.

Done (and hopefully correctly:-)

> We would also like to consolidate the Sage developer map information with the information currently at https://trac.sagemath.org/#AccountNamesMappedtoRealNames; if your name appears on this Trac page, please help us by doing the following:
> - review the information there, move it to the contributors.xml file, and then delete it from the Trac page.

Jeremy Tan

Sep 12, 2022, 10:30:39 AM9/12/22
to sage-devel
Sent a PR there too!

François Bissey

Sep 12, 2022, 5:04:05 PM9/12/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
It appears my info was all correct already. I removed my info from the
trac landing page.

I notice there is some confusion in what the label "work" means. Some
people put their position rather than their institution. I don't think
that's a big deal but if that's you :) you can fix that too.

From the top of contributors.xml

contributor
+ name
- location = something which returns the correct location when entered
in maps.google.com
- work = university, institute, ...

Sometimes "location" and "work" are the same and that's OK.

On 13/09/22 00:12, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> Dear Sage developers (current and past):
>
> The SageMath developer map
> (https://www.sagemath.org/development-map.html
> <https://www.sagemath.org/development-map.html>) needs your updated

Matthias Koeppe

Sep 13, 2022, 12:14:05 PM9/13/22
to sage-devel
Many thanks to all who have already sent their PR!

Matthias Koeppe

Sep 26, 2022, 9:48:31 PM9/26/22
to sage-devel
Hi all:
If you haven't had a chance to update your info: there's still time until October 5. Thanks!

Matthias Koeppe

Oct 29, 2022, 5:01:52 PM10/29/22
to sage-devel
Final call to provide your GitHub account info for https://www.sagemath.org/development-map.html