Bug in quaternion orders over number fields

Eloi Torrents

Oct 21, 2022, 6:29:29 AM10/21/22
to sage-devel
When constructing a quaternion order over a number field I get this error:

from sage.algebras.quatalg.quaternion_algebra import QuaternionOrder
F.<w> = NumberField(x**2-x-1)
A.<i,j,k> = QuaternionAlgebra(F, -1, -1)

QuaternionOrder(A, [1, 3*i, 1/2*w + 1/2 + (3/2*w + 1)*i + 1/2*j, 1/2*w + (3/2*w - 1/2)*i + 1/2*k])

And this is the fix needed, but I don't know how should I contribute it: https://github.com/sagemath/sage/compare/develop...Eloitor:sage:develop

I tried to find a ticket about this but didn't find anything. Should I open one?

Eloi

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 21, 2022, 7:51:55 AM10/21/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
yes, open a ticket (logging in with your github login), then put up
your branch for review there.

Specifically, add remote to your git repo:

$ git remote add trac g...@trac.sagemath.org:sage.git

make sure your branch has correct name - it should start with
"u/gh_Eloitor/", e.g.

$ git checkout -b u/gh_Eloitor/QuaternionOrder_fix

and push it it to trac:

$ git push trac HEAD

(make sure your branch is based on the latest beta, currently 9.8.beta2)

On the ticket, enter u/gh_Eloitor/QuaternionOrder_fix into "branch" tab

HTH
Dima

> Eloi

Eloi Torrents

Oct 21, 2022, 3:30:51 PM10/21/22
to sage-devel
I followed your instructions but I got this message when pushing:

$ git push trac HEAD
Enumerating objects: 13, done.
Counting objects: 100% (13/13), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (7/7), done.
Writing objects: 100% (7/7), 661 bytes | 50.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 7 (delta 6), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: FATAL: W refs/heads/u/gh_Eloitor/QuaternionOrder_fix sage gh-Eloitor DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/u/gh_Eloitor/QuaternionOrder_fix
To trac.sagemath.org:sage.git
 ! [remote rejected]         HEAD -> u/gh_Eloitor/QuaternionOrder_fix (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'trac.sagemath.org:sage.git'

Eloi

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 21, 2022, 3:43:52 PM10/21/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 8:30 PM Eloi Torrents <eloi.to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed your instructions but I got this message when pushing:

I assumed you have ssh key uploaded to your github account.
Do you have any keys here:
https://github.com/settings/keys

?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/ba73916e-211d-4a12-908e-192617a7b1f6n%40googlegroups.com.

Eloi Torrents

Oct 22, 2022, 1:24:24 AM10/22/22
to sage-devel
yes... I tried to add it and I got the message "Key is already in use".

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 22, 2022, 3:06:49 AM10/22/22
to sage-devel

On Sat, 22 Oct 2022, 06:24 Eloi Torrents, <eloi.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes... I tried to add it and I got the message "Key is already in use".

please see

looks like you need to generate a new key pair and upload a new key.

Eloi Torrents

Oct 26, 2022, 5:47:32 AM10/26/22
to sage-devel
I generated a new key pair, I added it to trac but I keep getting the same error message when pushing:

remote: FATAL: W refs/heads/u/gh_Eloitor/QuaternionOrder_fix sage gh-Eloitor DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/u/gh_Eloitor/QuaternionOrder_fix
To trac.sagemath.org:sage.git
 ! [remote rejected]         HEAD -> u/gh_Eloitor/QuaternionOrder_fix (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'trac.sagemath.org:sage.git'

I also tried with the new ssh key added to my github account, but I get the same error.

What should I do?

Thank you

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 26, 2022, 6:47:10 AM10/26/22
to sage-devel

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022, 11:47 Eloi Torrents, <eloi.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
I generated a new key pair, I added it to trac but I keep getting the same error message when pushing:

apologies, it should be u/gh-Eloitor...,
not u/gh_Eloitor...