https://wiki.sagemath.org/ReleaseTours/sage-9.5

Matthias Koeppe

Nov 2, 2021, 3:37:01 PM11/2/21
to sage-devel
It's time to work on the release tour for Sage 9.5:
If you don't have an account that allows you to edit the wiki, please feel free to just post additions as a reply here; I can add them to the page.

davida...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2021, 9:12:40 AM11/5/21
to sage-devel
Hello Matthias,

As part of my GSoC 2021 project (#31560), there was some significant changes made to the ring of modular forms that are going to be part of Sage 9.5:
  • sage/modular/modform/find_generators.py was renamed into sage/modular/modform/ring.py (#31559);
  • The class ModularFormsRing (located in sage/modular/modform/ring.py)  now follows the Parent/Element structure (#31559);
  • A conversion bug between spaces of modular forms was fixed (#32168);
  • Rings of quasimodular forms for a given congruence subgroups were implemented (#31512);
  • One can now convert a modular form ring element and a quasimodular form ring element to a polynomial in the generator of the ring (#32135, #32336)
  • Derivatives of modular forms and quasimodular forms were implemented (#32343, #32357).
I also blogged about most of these changes here. Don't hesitate if you need further informations.

Best,

David A.

Matthias Koeppe

Nov 5, 2021, 12:26:03 PM11/5/21
to sage-devel

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 19, 2022, 11:58:18 AM1/19/22
to sage-devel

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 19, 2022, 12:24:43 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
Something about prinecount and related functions should be added. I'll do this.

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 19, 2022, 1:30:14 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 5:24 PM Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Something about prinecount and related functions should be added. I'll do this.

OK, I've added a bit, but the TOC does not get updated, for some
reason (Number theory should have 4 items, not 2).

Dima

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 19, 2022, 1:36:09 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
You didn't add a section

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 19, 2022, 1:41:56 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 6:36 PM Matthias Koeppe
<matthia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You didn't add a section

no idea what this means, to add a section. Is `== Number theory ==` a section?
What kind of magic is supposed to count the entries there?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/015997d1-ac21-4e35-87f0-32f46fb2766en%40googlegroups.com.

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 19, 2022, 1:43:09 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
Yes, == and === is the wiki markup for sections

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 19, 2022, 1:45:43 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 6:43 PM Matthias Koeppe
<matthia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, == and === is the wiki markup for sections

so the section is already there. Why does the TOC only list 2 entries there?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/31a7cfcd-e78c-4f79-b4d9-f4815120613en%40googlegroups.com.

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 19, 2022, 2:05:34 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
Which section are you missing?

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 19, 2022, 2:27:39 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 7:05 PM Matthias Koeppe
<matthia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which section are you missing?
in the TOC there is

4. Number theory
1. Elliptic curves and isogenies
2. Modular and quasimodular forms
5. ...

but it should be

4. Number theory
1. Elliptic curves and isogenies
2. Modular and quasimodular forms
3. (about binary forms)
4. (about prime_pi etc)
5. ...

No idea how

1. Elliptic curves and isogenies
2. Modular and quasimodular forms
got there in the TOC...
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/79a4862f-bcdd-4fa1-a8e5-ec70621ccd06n%40googlegroups.com.

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 19, 2022, 2:34:33 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
You added 2 bullet points after the existing 2 bullet points at the top of section 4 "Number Theory".
After the 4 bullet points, there are 2 subsections. These are what appears in the TOC.

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 19, 2022, 2:39:47 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
OK,sorry, I looked in the wrong place. All fixed now.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 7:34 PM Matthias Koeppe
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/e3241608-b49e-4758-ba2b-4fe39b78e339n%40googlegroups.com.

Matthias Koeppe

Jan 19, 2022, 2:52:32 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
Check the link used for primecount please

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 19, 2022, 3:04:19 PM1/19/22
to sage-devel
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 7:52 PM Matthias Koeppe
<matthia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Check the link used for primecount please

fixed, sorry.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/88ca6cfb-eab3-4d6b-bcba-d1a7c271d905n%40googlegroups.com.

Matthias Koeppe

Feb 1, 2022, 11:50:54 AM2/1/22