OM representation of ideals in function fields

Maxime Bombar

Dec 29, 2021, 12:52:09 PM12/29/21
to sag...@googlegroups.com, sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I would be very interested by the implementation of Montes algorithm and
OM representation of prime ideals in global function fields claimed here
: https://wiki.sagemath.org/days86.5

Do you know how far has it got ?

Best,

--
Maxime Bombar

OpenPGP_signature

Nils Bruin

Dec 29, 2021, 2:22:42 PM12/29/21
to sage-devel
I don't think this project resulted in many code commits directly (for one thing, no tickets are mentioned), but it did lead to a good evaluation of what infrastructure is necessary to support such implementations, and the situation for that has improved significantly. I think Magma has since grown quite extensive OM-representation: https://magma.maths.usyd.edu.au/magma/handbook/text/414 so if you need it quickly, that's probably the place to go. If you have resources and/or time available to implement it in sage, though, I'm sure it will be met with wide appreciation.

Maxime Bombar

Jan 3, 2022, 4:26:50 AM1/3/22
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 12/29/21 20:22, Nils Bruin wrote:
I don't think this project resulted in many code commits directly (for one thing, no tickets are mentioned), but it did lead to a good evaluation of what infrastructure is necessary to support such implementations, and the situation for that has improved significantly. I think Magma has since grown quite extensive OM-representation: https://magma.maths.usyd.edu.au/magma/handbook/text/414 so if you need it quickly, that's probably the place to go. If you have resources and/or time available to implement it in sage, though, I'm sure it will be met with wide appreciation.

Hello Nils,

happy new year. Thanks for the insight. I will definitely consider working on that in a foreseeable future, but I have other projects to finish before.

Best,

--
Maxime

OpenPGP_signature