Bug in Sage 9.2 when trying to plot a simple graph

Jose Antonio Medrano Garcia

May 17, 2021, 12:33:55 AM5/17/21
to sage-devel
Hello, I just installed Sage 9.2 with Windows installer 0.6.2 and I got this error when trying to plot a very simple graph using plot()

Unhandled SIGSEGV: A segmentation fault occurred.
This probably occurred because a *compiled* module has a bug
in it and is not properly wrapped with sig_on(), sig_off().
Python will now terminate.
[I 21:08:35.713 NotebookApp] KernelRestarter: restarting kernel (1/5), keep random ports
WARNING:root:kernel e2199086-b94f-4d2c-8509-a5cc53fd5088 restarted
Unhandled SIGSEGV: A segmentation fault occurred.
This probably occurred because a *compiled* module has a bug
in it and is not properly wrapped with sig_on(), sig_off().
Python will now terminate.
[I 21:09:08.800 NotebookApp] KernelRestarter: restarting kernel (1/5), keep random ports
WARNING:root:kernel e2199086-b94f-4d2c-8509-a5cc53fd5088 restarted

Samuel Lelievre

May 18, 2021, 8:35:49 AM5/18/21
to sage-devel
Please provide the code that led to this error.
This will help reproduce the error and analyse it.

In particular, is it a graph from graph theory, with
vertices and edges, or the graph of a function?

Is NumPy somehow involved in plotting it?
You might be hitting this known problem:

- Plotting kills Sagemath (on some machines)

Jose Antonio Medrano Garcia

May 24, 2021, 11:45:06 PM5/24/21
to sage-devel
I have responded several times to this post and my answer does not show up.

Jose Antonio Medrano Garcia

May 24, 2021, 11:47:03 PM5/24/21
to sage-devel
The code is simple, a function definition and a plot().  No Numpy code is used and no graph theory plot, just a plain one variable function graph.

kcrisman

May 26, 2021, 7:27:59 AM5/26/21
to sage-devel
The code is simple, a function definition and a plot().  No Numpy code is used and no graph theory plot, just a plain one variable function graph.

Nonetheless, providing the exact code will help in debugging - particularly because many Sage developers do not use the Windows installer, so it may really require the precise combination of your code, Windows installer, *and* any other CPU or platform information you are able to provide.  Thanks!