location of `module_list.py`

Adarsh Kishore

Apr 12, 2022, 10:30:16 AM4/12/22
to sage-devel
Hi everyone,

I am using Sage v9.6.beta5 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Recently I was going through the Sage Developer's Manual on "Coding in Cython"
Screenshot from 2022-04-12 19-57-11.png

In this, it says that
```
For example, in order to compile SAGE_ROOT/src/sage/graphs/chrompoly.pyx, we see the following lines in module_list.py:
```

I did a find for module_list.py but it turned up nothing.
Screenshot from 2022-04-12 19-57-59.png

Can someone point out where it is, or if there's a mistake from my side?

Matthias Koeppe

Apr 12, 2022, 12:27:56 PM4/12/22
to sage-devel
This is outdated. I've opened https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33694 to update the documentation.

Adarsh Kishore

Apr 12, 2022, 1:21:44 PM4/12/22
to sage-devel
Ok, then in the new version of Sage what is the equivalent file I should look?

Matthias Koeppe

Apr 12, 2022, 4:25:05 PM4/12/22
to sage-devel
Cython files are now discovered automatically. There is no need to add the name of the pyx file anywhere.

Adarsh Kishore

Apr 13, 2022, 12:17:02 AM4/13/22
to sage-devel
Oh! Thank you