Invitation to Participate in Survey: Governance and Community building

jplab

Jun 26, 2024, 10:10:07 AM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to sage-devel

Dear SageMath Community,

As most of you are likely aware, our communication platforms surrounding the development of Sagemath have unfortunately been the scene of inappropriate behavior, which has impacted our progress and overall community atmosphere. In light of this, and as part of our ongoing efforts to improve and move our project forward, the Code of Conduct Committee is conducting a survey to gather insight and feedback from our community members. Your input is crucial in shaping the future of SageMath, and we kindly invite you to participate.

In order to encourage open and honest feedback, the Code of Conduct Committee will evaluate the responses to the survey and present them in an anonymized way to the community. One question asks for your name, but this is optional. Giving your name allows us to ask for clarification if needed. If you want to submit some answers with your name attached and others anonymously, feel free to submit multiple responses to the survey. This initiative is meant to foster a supportive and constructive dialogue that should not take place as a response to this message, but rather in a regulated, open forum once the survey has been completed.

By participating, you will contribute to a comprehensive understanding of our community's needs. Your voice matters, and we are eager to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Please click on the link below to access the survey:

https://forms.gle/Nj8fcS9wNDJReZvc9

The survey will remain open until August 1st, and we encourage you to share your views before this date. Thank you for your time and for being an integral part of our community.

Best regards,

The SageMath Code of Conduct Committee

Eric Gourgoulhon

Jun 26, 2024, 11:40:57 AM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to sage-devel
Thank you very much for this initiative!

Best wishes,

Eric.

Sébastien Labbé

Jun 27, 2024, 7:46:21 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to sage-devel
Good idea! I will take the time to answer the survey soon.

Sébastien

Anne Schilling

Jun 28, 2024, 12:08:02 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to sage-devel
Thank you for taking the initiative!

Best wishes,

Anne

Travis Scrimshaw

Jul 1, 2024, 10:44:00 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to sage-devel
Thank you for taking the time to make and review the results of this survey.

Best,
Travis