Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
sage-devel
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
sage-devel
1–30 of 17318
Welcome to sage-devel, development discussion group of
Sage
.
Links:
Help/Support
,
Release Mgmt
,
Notebook
,
Education
,
NT
,
Algebra
,
GSoC
,
Marketing
,
Git
,
CoCalc
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Georgi Guninski
11:38 AM
Error building 10.9 and 10.10 fpylll on fedora 44 in a **virtual machine**
I can build 10.9 on the host machine, but I can't build 10.9 and 10.10 in a guest vm. On fedora
unread,
Error building 10.9 and 10.10 fpylll on fedora 44 in a **virtual machine**
I can build 10.9 on the host machine, but I can't build 10.9 and 10.10 in a guest vm. On fedora
11:38 AM
Volker Braun
5:30 AM
Remove the SageNB worksheet converter
As part of the version 11 cleaning I propose to remove this legacy bit: https://github.com/sagemath/
unread,
Remove the SageNB worksheet converter
As part of the version 11 cleaning I propose to remove this legacy bit: https://github.com/sagemath/
5:30 AM
Dima Pasechnik
,
Antonio Rojas
2
4:47 AM
patched Pari 1.19.0 on Homebrew
You may want to add the fixes for https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=2703 and
unread,
patched Pari 1.19.0 on Homebrew
You may want to add the fixes for https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=2703 and
4:47 AM
Kwankyu Lee
,
Dima Pasechnik
2
12:27 AM
Classical sage vs sage-the-distribution
"distro" in "sage the distro" refers to the fact that it comes with its own 1)
unread,
Classical sage vs sage-the-distribution
"distro" in "sage the distro" refers to the fact that it comes with its own 1)
12:27 AM
Emmanuel Charpentier
,
Dima Pasechnik
11
Sep 28
Problems building sage-the-distribution from scratch on Debian testing
Please see and review the fixes (and also for dsdp) on https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/42870 On
unread,
Problems building sage-the-distribution from scratch on Debian testing
Please see and review the fixes (and also for dsdp) on https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/42870 On
Sep 28
Nils Bruin
, …
Dima Pasechnik
8
Sep 27
Rebase documentation reference changes?
if you did call git rebase at least once while preparing an update, chances are it won't merge
unread,
Rebase documentation reference changes?
if you did call git rebase at least once while preparing an update, chances are it won't merge
Sep 27
Martin R
Sep 27
doctest failure I cannot reproduce
Dear all, could someone with a minimal install (most importantly, no extra gap stuff) test https://
unread,
doctest failure I cannot reproduce
Dear all, could someone with a minimal install (most importantly, no extra gap stuff) test https://
Sep 27
Matthew J. Samuel
Sep 26
schubmult 5.2.0b1: Schubert calculus rings for Sage (double / quantum / Grothendieck, polynomial bases) -- beta testers wanted
Hi all, I'm the author of schubmult, a Python package for Schubert calculus computations (
unread,
schubmult 5.2.0b1: Schubert calculus rings for Sage (double / quantum / Grothendieck, polynomial bases) -- beta testers wanted
Hi all, I'm the author of schubmult, a Python package for Schubert calculus computations (
Sep 26
Martin R
, …
Dima Pasechnik
10
Sep 25
10.10 approaching fast
I turned it public - for write access one has to be on the sagemath org. On September 25, 2026 5:26:
unread,
10.10 approaching fast
I turned it public - for write access one has to be on the sagemath org. On September 25, 2026 5:26:
Sep 25
Sébastien Labbé
, …
Vincent Macri
6
Sep 18
sage startup time is now above 2 seconds
I am hopeful that the lazy imports being added in Python 3.15 will help with our startup time,
unread,
sage startup time is now above 2 seconds
I am hopeful that the lazy imports being added in Python 3.15 will help with our startup time,
Sep 18
Nils Bruin
, …
Dima Pasechnik
17
Sep 16
doc.sagemath.org stuck at 10.8?
On Tue, Sep 15, 2026 at 4:36 PM 'Tobia...@gmx.de' via sage-devel <sage-devel@googlegroups.
unread,
doc.sagemath.org stuck at 10.8?
On Tue, Sep 15, 2026 at 4:36 PM 'Tobia...@gmx.de' via sage-devel <sage-devel@googlegroups.
Sep 16
Dima Pasechnik
Sep 15
Build and Test macOS-15 CI now works
The issue was inability to fetch the Tachyon tarball to build a Homebrew tachyon formula. Now I'
unread,
Build and Test macOS-15 CI now works
The issue was inability to fetch the Tachyon tarball to build a Homebrew tachyon formula. Now I'
Sep 15
Matthew J. Samuel
Sep 14
schubmult library (not from lrcalc)
Hi, I'm Matt Samuel and I've written a Python package with a tremendous amount of Schubert
unread,
schubmult library (not from lrcalc)
Hi, I'm Matt Samuel and I've written a Python package with a tremendous amount of Schubert
Sep 14
Mike Hansen
,
Michael Orlitzky
5
Sep 14
symfn, a library for computing with symmetric functions
On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 3:01 PM Michael Orlitzky <mic...@orlitzky.com> wrote: > (I have
unread,
symfn, a library for computing with symmetric functions
On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 3:01 PM Michael Orlitzky <mic...@orlitzky.com> wrote: > (I have
Sep 14
Georgi Guninski
Sep 8
Complexity of `groebner_basis(algorithm="singular:slimgb",deg_bound=D)` in char 3
For the context, check [1] or the attached pdf. Working over R=GF(3)[x_1,...,x_n] I have a list J of
unread,
Complexity of `groebner_basis(algorithm="singular:slimgb",deg_bound=D)` in char 3
For the context, check [1] or the attached pdf. Working over R=GF(3)[x_1,...,x_n] I have a list J of
Sep 8
Thorpy
,
Dima Pasechnik
2
Sep 5
a cheap way to check algebraic immunity for a family of symmetric Boolean functions
On September 5, 2026 5:04:24 AM CDT, Thorpy <tomthor...@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, >
unread,
a cheap way to check algebraic immunity for a family of symmetric Boolean functions
On September 5, 2026 5:04:24 AM CDT, Thorpy <tomthor...@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, >
Sep 5
Michael Orlitzky
,
Martin R
5
Sep 3
What is a variable?
On 2026-09-01 01:20:49, 'Martin R' via sage-devel wrote: > I think that (ab)using keyword
unread,
What is a variable?
On 2026-09-01 01:20:49, 'Martin R' via sage-devel wrote: > I think that (ab)using keyword
Sep 3
Dima Pasechnik
Sep 3
should we drop uv in favour of plain python venv?
My main problem with uv is that it is very hard to update dependencies (especially meson) in uv.lock,
unread,
should we drop uv in favour of plain python venv?
My main problem with uv is that it is very hard to update dependencies (especially meson) in uv.lock,
Sep 3
John Cremona
, …
Nils Bruin
3
Sep 2
how to install optional packages in a conda install
On Wednesday, 2 September 2026 at 09:26:06 UTC-7 john.c...@gmail.com wrote: One tiny thing about the
unread,
how to install optional packages in a conda install
On Wednesday, 2 September 2026 at 09:26:06 UTC-7 john.c...@gmail.com wrote: One tiny thing about the
Sep 2
Trevor Karn
, …
Marc Culler
10
Sep 2
error: unrecognized arguments: -docbuild
Ok - sounds like it is a me problem then. Thanks all! On Wed, Sep 2, 2026 at 1:29 PM Marc Culler <
unread,
error: unrecognized arguments: -docbuild
Ok - sounds like it is a me problem then. Thanks all! On Wed, Sep 2, 2026 at 1:29 PM Marc Culler <
Sep 2
Marc Culler
Aug 30
sagenb_export
I received this message: > [sagenb_export-3.3] [spkg-pipinst] Warning: The installation needed to
unread,
sagenb_export
I received this message: > [sagenb_export-3.3] [spkg-pipinst] Warning: The installation needed to
Aug 30
jplab
, …
kcrisman
12
Aug 5
Announcement of the 2026 Sage CoCC Elections
On Friday, July 31, 2026 at 11:28:42 PM UTC-4 David Roe wrote: Thank you to all of the candidates for
unread,
Announcement of the 2026 Sage CoCC Elections
On Friday, July 31, 2026 at 11:28:42 PM UTC-4 David Roe wrote: Thank you to all of the candidates for
Aug 5
Giorgio Maria Ottaviani
2
Aug 3
installation problem of sage
I have solved the problem, installing sage 10.6 by Conda Many thanks to Matteo Gallet and Matthias
unread,
installation problem of sage
I have solved the problem, installing sage 10.6 by Conda Many thanks to Matteo Gallet and Matthias
Aug 3
David Einstein
, …
John H Palmieri
8
Jul 22
Trouble building sage
Thanks. That worked. On Wednesday, July 22, 2026 at 1:31:57 PM UTC-4 John H Palmieri wrote: On
unread,
Trouble building sage
Thanks. That worked. On Wednesday, July 22, 2026 at 1:31:57 PM UTC-4 John H Palmieri wrote: On
Jul 22
Jose Ignacio Burgos Gil
,
dmo...@deductivepress.ca
2
Jul 21
Segmentation fault in @interact when repeatedly computing polynomial roots in JupyterLab (Sage 10.9)
Github issue #42567 has been opened for this, so please post responses there. On Tuesday, July 21,
unread,
Segmentation fault in @interact when repeatedly computing polynomial roots in JupyterLab (Sage 10.9)
Github issue #42567 has been opened for this, so please post responses there. On Tuesday, July 21,
Jul 21
William Stein
, …
Thierry Dumont
14
Jul 21
sage-10.9 on pypi
Thanks! I checked and the wheels unconditionally contain mulx , adcx , adox , shrx , and sarx ,
unread,
sage-10.9 on pypi
Thanks! I checked and the wheels unconditionally contain mulx , adcx , adox , shrx , and sarx ,
Jul 21
Kiran Kedlaya
, …
David Lowry-Duda
3
Jul 21
Counterexample to the Jacobian conjecture... as a doctest
Without knowing the details that Levent used, it is possible to use Claude Code to interact directly
unread,
Counterexample to the Jacobian conjecture... as a doctest
Without knowing the details that Levent used, it is possible to use Claude Code to interact directly
Jul 21
Dima Pasechnik
, …
Yanshu Wang
4
Jul 16
dropping support for kash? (RFC)
Maybe the interface to MuPAD should be dropped as well. MuPAD has been withdrawn as a standalone
unread,
dropping support for kash? (RFC)
Maybe the interface to MuPAD should be dropped as well. MuPAD has been withdrawn as a standalone
Jul 16
Georgi Guninski
Jul 14
Potential contribution from the Gemini and Claude AI about matrices modulo composites
Potential contribution from the Gemini and Claude AI about matrices modulo composites In our short
unread,
Potential contribution from the Gemini and Claude AI about matrices modulo composites
Potential contribution from the Gemini and Claude AI about matrices modulo composites In our short
Jul 14
Ralf Hemmecke
, …
Antonio Rojas
11
Jul 12
sage -python
The "main" entry point for a user install of sage is the python one, which only supports
unread,
sage -python
The "main" entry point for a user install of sage is the python one, which only supports
Jul 12