Is most of Feulner's code in Sage now?

David Joyner

Jul 13, 2014, 8:43:36 PM7/13/14
to sage-codi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all:

It looks like Volker reviewed Feulner's tickets
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/13771
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/13726
Thanks Volker! The ticket
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/13398
is the only major enhancement of his that has not yet been reviewed.

Here is an example using Sage-6.2:

sage: C = codes.HammingCode(3, GF(3)).dual_code()
sage: from sage.coding.codecan.autgroup_can_label import
LinearCodeAutGroupCanLabel
sage: P = LinearCodeAutGroupCanLabel(C)
sage: P.get_canonical_form().gen_mat()
[1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1]
[0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 2 2 1 2]
[0 0 1 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 0 0]
sage: P.get_autom_order()
11232
sage: A = [a.get_perm() for a in P.get_autom_gens()]
sage: A
[[6, 8, 9, 2, 11, 3, 4, 12, 5, 13, 10, 1, 7],
[12, 9, 11, 1, 3, 8, 7, 6, 2, 5, 10, 13, 4],
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13]]
sage: H = SymmetricGroup(13).subgroup(A)
sage: H
Subgroup of (Symmetric group of order 13! as a permutation group)
generated by [(), (1,6,3,9,5,11,10,13,7,4,2,8,12),
(1,12,13,4)(2,9)(3,11,10,5)(6,8)]

- David

thomas....@uni-bayreuth.de

Jul 31, 2014, 2:33:39 PM7/31/14
Am Montag, 14. Juli 2014 02:43:36 UTC+2 schrieb David Joyner:
> Hi all:
>

> It looks like Volker reviewed Feulner's tickets
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/13771
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/13726
>
> Thanks Volker! The ticket
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/13398
>
> is the only major enhancement of his that has not yet been reviewed.

Yes, thanks to Volker's help, my algorithm for the computation of unique representatives of linear codes over finite fields has made it into Sage.

The ticket 13398 hasn't been maintained for a while. But the code is part my Sage package

http://www.computeralgebra.uni-bayreuth.de/de/team/Feulner_Thomas/codecan-1_1_spkg.zip,

which allows for the computation of canonical forms and automorphism groups of ring-linear codes.

I would like to publish this package on the official Sage website as well, but I am afraid that it has to be moved to the git-based workflow first. I was hoping, someone could assist me with this task?

Thomas

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 31, 2014, 4:23:02 PM7/31/14
to sage-codi...@googlegroups.com

Actually, I am not sure whether is has been decided not to accept the oldstyle packages any more.;
However, the new setup is more natural. You create an "upstream" tarball, and the Sage-specific part lives in build/pkgs/<package name>. Only the latter is under git revision control.
A new part is creation of the checksum, to match the latter stuff with the tarball.
IMHO it is quite well explained in the developer guide.

HTH,
Dima