Fwd: [sage-support] BCH Efficient Decoder

David Joyner

Oct 8, 2016, 1:44:35 PM10/8/16
to sage-codi...@googlegroups.com
This cross-posted form sage-support.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Joyner <wdjo...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [sage-support] BCH Efficient Decoder
To: SAGE support <sage-s...@googlegroups.com>

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Phedon Prasinos <prison...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to implement an efficient decoder for an narrow-sense BCH code
> (511,193).
> Does anyone knows a way for fast decoding in sage?

According to
http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/pkg/guava3.11/doc/chap5.html#X7C6BB07C87853C00
the Sugiyama decoding algorithm has been implemented in guava, which
you can access from sage.

> Thanks in advance!

David Joyner

Oct 8, 2016, 9:04:32 PM10/8/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, sage-codi...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, October 8, 2016, Phedon Prasinos <prison...@gmail.com> wrote:

According to
http://www.gap-system.org/Manuals/pkg/guava3.11/doc/chap5.html#X7C6BB07C87853C00
the Sugiyama decoding algorithm has been implemented in guava, which
you can access from sage.

Thank you, is what i am looking for, but theres a problem.
Although I can run the commands i want to the GAP console I cant add them on a python script (not able to find a solution to the documentation)
P.S. The Data types of linear codes matrices etc, are understandable by guava?

It depends on exactly what you want to do, how well you know python and gap, and how much work you are willing to invest.
A first place to look might be the gap interface module .

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 9, 2016, 3:24:14 AM10/9/16
to sage-codi...@googlegroups.com, sage-s...@googlegroups.com, prison...@gmail.com
More specifically, look at
http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/coding_in_other.html#libgap
(I'd recommend using libGAP rather than GAP, as it is faster)