Rank Metric Codes in Sage

Arpit Merchant

Apr 29, 2016, 4:28:24 AM4/29/16
to sage-devel, sage-codi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am Arpit Merchant and I'm a Masters student at IIIT-H, India. I've been selected for GSOC '16 with Sage for a project on Rank-Metric Codes. My complete proposal for this project can be found here. I will also be maintaining a running commentary on the progress on my (as of now inactive) blog under the "Open Source" Category. I look forward to interesting discussions regarding the project and Sage itself. Any and all feedback is gratefully welcome.

Thank you for this amazing opportunity. I very much look forward to a wonderful summer!

Sincerely,
Arpit Merchant.

Johan S. R. Nielsen

May 2, 2016, 2:39:30 PM5/2/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com, sage-codi...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the Sage community, Arpit! I'm sure this GSoC project will
become a very nice addition to Sage :-)

Best,
Johan

Arpit Merchant

May 4, 2016, 12:01:50 AM5/4/16
to sage-devel, sage-codi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 00:09:32 UTC+5:30, Johan S. R. Nielsen wrote:
Welcome to the Sage community, Arpit! I'm sure this GSoC project will
become a very nice addition to Sage :-)

Thank you Johan! :)

Also, we (mentors David Lucas, Johan Nielson and myself) are using a Trello board for managing the project, keeping track of issues and remaining up to date. The board can be found here. Apart from the tasks, links to blog posts will also be updated on the board.

I hope that this will make it easier for the rest of the Sage community to obtain an overview of my progress.

Sincerely,
Arpit.