SageMathCell Interruptions

Elimboto Yohana

Jun 10, 2020, 11:55:56 AM6/10/20
to sage-cell

Hello Folks,

I love the work you do, and recently I integrated the SageMathCell in our forum, see https://www.tssfl.com/programming-and-computing-with-python-right-from-the-forum-6300 and https://www.tssfl.com/carry-computations-with-sagemath-directly-from-the-forum-6301. As you have noticed, Sage-Cell works very well. Our forum uses what we call the reactions and the mentions systems - which respectively, enables users to react to posts/topics by using emojis and smileys through thanking, liking, loving, etc., and to notify a person by mentioning his/her username with @username. The problem now is the installation of the Sage-Cell has interfered with the reactions system -- when someone hovers over the emojis they display with distorted alignment that spans the page width, and also it has rendered the mentions system unusable. Both the reactions and mentions systems use jQuery in some way.

I would appreciate any help/hint on how to deal with the problem..

Eli

David Farmer

Jun 10, 2020, 12:00:37 PM6/10/20
to sage-cell

I cannot reproduce the behavior you described. Are there emojis
on the pages you linked? I see a thumbs-up, but hovering over
it did nothing.

I am in Firefox on a Mac.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-cell/7b4af11a-dcd5-4ff5-8fb3-2d64fad68acco%40googlegroups.com.

David Guichard

Jun 10, 2020, 12:13:04 PM6/10/20
to David Farmer, sage-cell
On both pages when I hover over the "thumbs up" I get a pop-up box that says "View Reactions", and when I click on it I get a pop-up window with reactions. Google Chrome on ubuntu.

David Farmer

Jun 10, 2020, 1:03:44 PM6/10/20
to sage-cell

I see that now, and it works as you described. But I don't see
any changes in alignment.