Code behaves differently

Ingo Dahn

May 29, 2020, 4:06:53 PM5/29/20
to sage-cell
I see this expected behaviour in one page embedding sagecell:

but this unexpected behaviour in another page:

Any thoughts what might have casued this (the first is an isolated sagecell, the second is the first of a set of linked cells)?

Andrey Novoseltsev

May 29, 2020, 6:46:05 PM5/29/20
to sage-cell
No idea. Is the second cell executed as Sage/Python? Can you share a link to the page? We have recently upgraded to Sage-9.1, but I don't see how it could have affected this example.

kcrisman

May 29, 2020, 9:05:04 PM5/29/20
to sage-cell
My guess is that it is inadvertently being evaluated in Octave, because when you switch to that in the standalone server that is the format of error I get (and not with other languages):

  File "<string>", line unknown
SyntaxError: source("/home/sc_work/.sage/temp/sc-2B/14472/interface/tmp14672");
parse error near line 3 of file /home/sc_work/.sage/temp/sc-2B/14472/interface/tmp14672

  syntax error

>>> a=
      ^

error: source: error sourcing file '/home/sc_work/.sage/temp/sc-2B/14472/interface/tmp14672'

Ingo Dahn

May 30, 2020, 5:00:56 AM5/30/20
to kcri...@gmail.com, sage...@googlegroups.com
Thank you - Indeed, the SageCell in the second document was generated by some Javascript and I had forgotten that this script generates Octave cells.