Linked Octave cells

Ingo Dahn

Apr 14, 2020, 1:24:37 PM4/14/20
to sage-cell
I have 2 cells on one page configured with
  sagecell.makeSagecell({
    languages=["octave"],
    linked: true,
  })

But variables set in the first cell evaluated first are undefined in the second cell when evaluated second. When I change languages to ["sage"] both cells are linked correctly. I checked that the Octave code works correctly when the content of both cells is executed in one cell.

Andrey Novoseltsev

Apr 14, 2020, 2:49:15 PM4/14/20
to sage-cell
Do you mind sharing the code you are using?

Looks like Octave interface is restarted for each cell:
which I have written a year ago while working on plotting. One of the reasons is likely to pick up proper CWD, perhaps there is a better solution (like all interfaces in Sage could wait for picking up CWD until they are actually using it...)