Re: [sage-cell] Network access removed

Elimboto Yohana

Jul 24, 2021, 3:42:25 PM7/24/21
to Andrey Novoseltsev, sage-cell, David Farmer, Jonathan Gutow
Hi All,

Thank you Andrey for installing autoviz.

I have been working out on how to send thousands of emails with custom reports. There is a solution that works great from the Desktop with Gmail API. It requires OAuth 2.0 authentication, https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/quickstart/python. I tried with SageCell (all the required packages are already installed -- base64, mimetypes, email packages: MIMEMultipart, MIMEText, MIMEBase, encoders, and the rest as mentioned in the Gmail API documentation) but could not get anywhere as there were issues with redirects and authentication. I hope something can be done in the future on the server side to make sending emails, say with Gmail from the SageCell possible, see Using OAuth 2.0 for Web Server Applications: https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/web-server && https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/openid-connect#python. With the combined power of pretty_html_table and Weasyprint, one can seamlessly send nicely formatted reports (pdf, html, etc.,) to client emails.

During sometimes in a year, I have a task of sending many periodic emails to individuals, so it becomes convenient to do it from anywhere at anytime, say from a mobile rather than relying on dekstops which are inconvenient to carry everywhere.

Kind regards,

Elimboto

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 6:41 AM Andrey Novoseltsev <novo...@gmail.com> wrote:
autoviz is installed!

Best regards,
Andrey

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 12:51 PM Elimboto Yohana <e...@tssfl.co> wrote:
Thank you Andrey for installing pretty_html_table. For the other packages, I requested, you can only install autoviz, pip install autoviz (https://pypi.org/project/autoviz/) shall that be possible. DrawData is now available on our platform as a widget - https://www.tssfl.com/create-and-visualize-datasets-with-line-scatter-and-histogram-plots-using-drawdata-6451, and for text cleaning, I can use Python Regex.

Kind regards,

Elimboto

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 4:49 AM Andrey Novoseltsev <novo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Elimboto,

pretty_html_table should be available!

Best,
Andrey

Rob Beezer

Jul 25, 2021, 4:22:29 PM7/25/21
to e...@tssfl.com, Andrey Novoseltsev, sage-cell, David Farmer, Jonathan Gutow
The Sage Cell Server is designed (and supported) for enhancing web pages and
textbooks with the ability to do complex mathematical computations. I don't
think office automation is a reasonable expectation, nor a reasonable use of the
computational or human resources that are being made freely available.

Rob

On 7/24/21 12:42 PM, Elimboto Yohana wrote:
> [...]
> <mailto:novo...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> autoviz is installed!
>
> Best regards,
> Andrey
>
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 12:51 PM Elimboto Yohana <e...@tssfl.co
> <mailto:e...@tssfl.co>> wrote:
>
> Thank you Andrey for installing pretty_html_table. For the other
> packages, I requested, you can only install autoviz, pip install autoviz
> (https://pypi.org/project/autoviz/ <https://pypi.org/project/autoviz/>)
> shall that be possible. DrawData is now available on our platform as a
> widget -
> https://www.tssfl.com/create-and-visualize-datasets-with-line-scatter-and-histogram-plots-using-drawdata-6451
> <https://www.tssfl.com/create-and-visualize-datasets-with-line-scatter-and-histogram-plots-using-drawdata-6451>,
> and for text cleaning, I can use Python Regex.

matteo.mi...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2021, 10:59:08 AM7/27/21
to sage-cell
Hi, thank you Andrey for your answer. I write here as the previous thread has been blocked (I asked about CoCalc there because Andrey mentioned CoCalc in that thread and I was interested about programmatic interaction with CoCalc servers).

I've seen that CoCalc uses SSH, but, as I believe I am not able to create a script that interacts with CoCalc servers via SSH, do you know if there is any existing ready-to-use script to interact with the server by entering its own key? I've read the article here but I can't see any python script that interacts directly with CoCalc free/paid account in the same way sagecell-client.py interact with SageMathCell (by direct interaction I mean that the script can be run on any python distribution and returns the server output as a string to be parsed later, like sagecell-client.py).

Thanks
Regards
Matteo

Andrey Novoseltsev

Jul 29, 2021, 1:10:30 PM7/29/21
to sage-cell
Hi Matteo,

I am not the right person to ask details about CoCalc - I would email instead he...@cocalc.com or https://groups.google.com/g/cocalc

Thank you!
Andrey

matteo.mi...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2021, 5:07:05 AM8/19/21
to sage-cell
Hi Andrey, ok I will try to ask in CoCalc forums, thank you anyway for your interest in answering everyone.
Best regards
Matteo