David Austin

Oct 12, 2023, 2:25:43 PM10/12/23
to sage-cell
For a long time, I have served Sage cells that load python modules hosted in a github repository.  Today they stopped working with an error:

URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution>

Is there anything I can do or is it really a temporary problem that will be resolved soon?

Thanks,
David

Randall Pruim

Oct 12, 2023, 4:39:55 PM10/12/23
to sage-cell
I'm seeing the same thing.  I'm not loading Python modules, but just trying to access image and data files stored on github.  Here is an example for me:

Andrey Novoseltsev

Oct 12, 2023, 6:19:10 PM10/12/23
to sage-cell
Should be a temporary problem, but at the moment I don't know what's the issue, will look into it.

Andrey Novoseltsev

Oct 13, 2023, 12:07:56 AM10/13/23
to sage-cell
Looks like there was a problem with a disk, reported examples work fine for me for a while now.

Thank you for reporting! Since some things continued to run OK, automatic checks didn't detect any problem.

Andrey

David Austin

Oct 13, 2023, 6:33:25 AM10/13/23
to Andrey Novoseltsev, sage-cell
Thanks for checking into it, Andrey.  I can also report that it's working again.

David