Re: [sage-support] Sagecell : is it possible to install the Wolfram engine ?

William Stein

Nov 19, 2022, 2:54:35 PM11/19/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, sage-cell
Hi,

I just read through the links you provide. I hope I'm wrong, but it
seems pretty clear to me that
you absolutely cannot legally use Wolfram engine as part of
https://sagecell.sagemath.org
or https://cocalc.com without purchasing a license. They do sell a
license that would make
it possible to use Wolfram engine in these sites, and the cost would
be a function of "number
of virtual machines" (and maybe cpu's).

There seems to be no information on their pages about how much any of
their Wolfram engine
licenses cost for cloud computing use. They do say the cost to
distribute Wolfram engine
with installed software is "typically $5–$100 per Wolfram Engine,
depending on volume
and application", so... **Pure speculation:** my guess is that they do
cloud licensing
on a similar case-by-case basis, e.g., you have to record exactly
how/when it is getting
used, and probably pay Wolfram $5 per active user per month or
something like that.

-- William

William (http://wstein.org)