Ingo Dahn

May 24, 2022, 8:39:25 AM5/24/22
to sage-cell
When I call
in a sagecell I get
/home/sc_serv/sage/local/var/lib/sage/venv-python3.10.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sage/misc/remote_file.py:46: DeprecationWarning: ssl.SSLContext() without protocol argument is deprecated. content = urlopen(req, timeout=1, context=SSLContext())

How can I avoid this?

Also, there used to be
and I used to load it in pages with sagecells. That's no longer there. Is it possible to put it back?

Andrey Novoseltsev

May 25, 2022, 3:14:40 PM5/25/22
to sage-cell
Not sure why my previous reply didn't post - the load problem comes from SageMath itself, not SageMathCell.

jquery.min.js is available again - looks like it was dropped in February by accident. There is no need to explicitly load jquery for a long time now - we have our own version inside, so that pages that want to use jquery are free to use their own version with their own settings. However, it used to be the case that loading jquery had to happen explicitly and as long as we want those old pages to work , we have to allow loading it.

Best regards,
Andrey

samuel....@gmail.com

May 28, 2022, 12:12:52 PM5/28/22
to sage-cell
2022-05-24 12:39:25 UTC, Ingo Dahn:> .../python3.10/site-packages/sage/misc/remote_file.py:46:

2022-05-25 19:14:40 UTC, Andrey Novoseltsev:

> the load problem comes from SageMath itself, not SageMathCell.

That might be solved by

  Sage Trac ticket 33771
  SSLContext needs an argument
  https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33771

which was merged in Sage 9.7.beta1.

Ingo Dahn

Jul 19, 2022, 5:30:56 AM7/19/22
to sage-cell
The problem still exists; I got:

/home/sc_serv/sage/local/var/lib/sage/venv-python3.10.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/sage/misc/remote_file.py:46: DeprecationWarning: ssl.SSLContext() without protocol argument is deprecated. content = urlopen(req, timeout=1, context=SSLContext())

Andrey Novoseltsev

Jul 19, 2022, 1:08:01 PM7/19/22
to sage-cell
9.7 was not released yet, I don't upgrade to betas without a very good reason ;-)