SageMath 10.2 released

Matthias Köppe

Dec 3, 2023, 3:26:27 PM12/3/23
to sage-announce
The new version 10.2 of SageMath was released on 2023-12-03.

See https://github.com/sagemath/sage/releases/tag/10.2 for the list of changes and https://github.com/sagemath/sage/wiki/Sage-10.2-Release-Tour for an overview of some of the main changes in this version.

Sage (http://www.sagemath.org/) is developed by volunteers and combines hundreds of open source packages. At least 47 people were involved as authors or reviewers of code contributions to Sage 10.2 since the release of Sage 10.1 (2023-08-20).

Did we mention that Sage development moved to GitHub earlier this year? Come visit us at https://github.com/sagemath/sage and star our repository!

William Stein

Dec 5, 2023, 10:12:28 AM12/5/23
to sage-a...@googlegroups.com
I've decided to start building some as-minimal-as-possible
multi-platform Docker images of Sage for each version (tagged as such)
here:

https://hub.docker.com/r/sagemathinc/sagemath-core/tags

You can run them on either x86_64 or ARM64 with the exact same name
and they work (since they are properly multiplatform).
I'm pushing the 10.2 version right now so it will be up there in an
hour or two. These have sage installed in /usr/local/sage,
but are otherwise fairly minimal. I'm personally using them mainly as
a source to copy out Sage into other docker images, so that
I only ever have to build sage once for each machine architecture.

I did build the new 10.2 version and run the full test suite, and
*everything went perfectly first try*.

-- William

William (http://wstein.org)