SageMath 7.2 released

Samuel Lelièvre

May 22, 2016, 8:45:01 AM5/22/16
to sage-announce
News from SageMath, the Sage Mathematics Software System!

Sage 7.2 was released on 15 May 2016.

By now, the compiled version for most operating systems
(as well as the source files if you prefer to compile Sage yourself)
should be available on our download mirrors worldwide:

* http://www.sagemath.org/download.html

SageMath, also known as Sage (website: http://sagemath.org/),
is developed by volunteers and combines over 90 open-source
packages. For installation instructions, see

* http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/index.html

The following page lists the platforms on which Sage should work:

* http://wiki.sagemath.org/SupportedPlatforms

Please ask any questions and/or report any problems to the Ask Sage
questions and answers forum, or to the sage-support mailing list.

* Ask Sage: http://ask.sagemath.org/
* sage-support: http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support

You can also drop by in the #sagemath IRC channel on freenode.

This SageMath release has contributions by 90 people.
Of those, 14 made their first contribution to Sage.
We closed 256 tickets in this release. For details, see

* http://www.sagemath.org/changelogs/sage-7.2.txt

Release manager for this release: Volker Braun.

For development releases between each stable release, check out
the sage-release mailing list. For development discussion, check out
the sage-devel mailing list.

* sage-release: http://groups.google.com/group/sage-release
* sage-devel: http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel