matrix types and representations of quivers over finite fields

Amritanshu Prasad

Jun 10, 2013, 12:29:59 PM6/10/13
to sage-a...@googlegroups.com, Nicolas M. Thiery, Travis Scrimshaw, Kannappan Sampath
This is a brief description of some sage programs that I have been working on, which I feel may be of interest to some.

I should warn you right away that these programs are not very well written (they are my first sage programs, and mark my return to coding after a break of 18 years). Nicolas has already some pointed out some issues, and there are some more serious issues which need to addressed. With my limited understanding of sage, this may take a long time for me to do.

That said, the programs have been extensively tested and work fine. Please look at the attached pdf file for a brief description.

Since the representation theory of quivers is on the agenda for the upcoming Sage days in Orsay, Nicolas suggested that I post a short write-up on my programs here.

I took a look at the stuff on quivers that is already there; it seems that it is of a somewhat different nature. For my program, a quiver is just a graph, and there are really no restrictions on what types of graphs that you use.

I will be working on these program this summer, and I hope that (with a great deal of help) will be able to bring them up to standard.

best,
Amri.
types_and_multitypes.pdf

Amritanshu Prasad

Jun 11, 2013, 1:00:06 AM6/11/13
to sage-a...@googlegroups.com, Nicolas M. Thiery, Travis Scrimshaw, Kannappan Sampath
Something changed between 5.8 and 5.9, which broke some of my code. I made a correction just now and it works on 5.9.