Paper publication of the book "Calcul Mathematique avec Sage"

Nicolas M. Thiery

Jun 11, 2013, 11:01:33 AM6/11/13
to sage-comb...@googlegroups.com, sage-...@googlegroups.com, sage-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sage(-Combinat) developpers,

We are happy to announce the paper publication of our french book
"Calcul Math�matique avec Sage". It's available from your favorite
online book store for a dozen dollars. Of course the electronic
version remains and will remain free!

http://sagebook.gforge.inria.fr/

"Calcul Math�matique avec Sage" is the first generalist book about
Sage. Written jointly by teachers and researchers it emphasizes the
underlying mathematics for a good understanding and usage of the
system. The first part is targeted at undergraduate students, while
the others cover a spectrum of entry level graduate classes.

A. Casamayou, N. Cohen, G. Connan, T. Dumont, L. Fousse, F. Maltey,
M. Meulien, M. Mezzarobba, C. Pernet, N. M. Thi�ry, P. Zimmermann

PS: some of the chapters have already been translated in English.
Volunteers to translate more chapters are very welcome and should get
in touch with us.

--
Nicolas M. Thi�ry "Isil" <nth...@users.sf.net>
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/

William Stein

Jun 11, 2013, 3:04:33 PM6/11/13
to sage-a...@googlegroups.com, sage-comb...@googlegroups.com, sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Nicolas M. Thiery
<Nicolas...@u-psud.fr> wrote:
> Dear Sage(-Combinat) developpers,
>
> We are happy to announce the paper publication of our french book
> "Calcul Mathématique avec Sage". It's available from your favorite
> online book store for a dozen dollars. Of course the electronic
> version remains and will remain free!

I just bought it from amazon... and you should too!

-- William

> http://sagebook.gforge.inria.fr/
>
> "Calcul Mathématique avec Sage" is the first generalist book about
> Sage. Written jointly by teachers and researchers it emphasizes the
> underlying mathematics for a good understanding and usage of the
> system. The first part is targeted at undergraduate students, while
> the others cover a spectrum of entry level graduate classes.
>
> A. Casamayou, N. Cohen, G. Connan, T. Dumont, L. Fousse, F. Maltey,
> M. Meulien, M. Mezzarobba, C. Pernet, N. M. Thiéry, P. Zimmermann
>
> PS: some of the chapters have already been translated in English.
> Volunteers to translate more chapters are very welcome and should get
> in touch with us.
>
> --
> Nicolas M. Thiéry "Isil" <nth...@users.sf.net>
> http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/