Correlation of non-standard sources

Vladimir Suvorov

May 24, 2021, 4:16:39 PM5/24/21
to sagan-users

Hello Friends!
In my daily work, I faced an interesting task, perhaps someone has already encountered a similar one, please share your experience.

A task: Correlation of events from multiple data sources. The task is complicated by the fact that I do not have information about event codes or descriptions of these events (which I could use to search in the "Content" field in order to subsequently correlate incidents) for several such data sources installed in our company

Da Beave

May 25, 2021, 6:11:42 AM5/25/21
to sagan...@googlegroups.com
This is extremely difficult if not impossible without understanding the data that you have.   You'll need to have some understanding on what to look for.   Without that,  I don't see how correlation is possible.

Vladimir Suvorov

May 25, 2021, 10:28:25 AM5/25/21
to sagan-users
Please tell me, how did you manage to create such a wonderful database of pre-set correlation rules in the system?

вторник, 25 мая 2021 г. в 13:11:42 UTC+3, Da Beave:

Da Beave

May 25, 2021, 6:04:17 PM5/25/21
to sagan...@googlegroups.com
Lots and lots of work from the Quadrant team :) We see a lot of log types at our clients.