Newbie issue with Plob

William Plessinger

Dec 14, 2019, 1:56:57 AM12/14/19
to sagan-users
I found your project and it looks really interesting. I built the server this evening but am unable to sniff on the wire. When I run the
sagan --debug syslog,engine

command I get:

[E] [config-yaml.c, line 1316] Sagan was not compiled with libpcap support!

When installing I added I believe all pre-requisites and all optional softwares. The list installed is:

yum install pcre-devel libyaml-devel liblognorm liblognorm-devel libfastjson libfastjson-devel GeoIP GeoIP-devel GeoIP-data wget libpcap libpcap-devel git autogen gcc clang libtool autoconf autoreconf automake

If its already hit you what I did wrong and if there is other information which will better diagnose, please let me know.

Thanks

William Plessinger

Dec 14, 2019, 10:17:57 AM12/14/19
to sagan-users
The install script at: https://github.com/Fadavvi/Sagan answered my question. I needed to "./configure --enable-libpcap" thank you for the great value to opensource!

Da Beave

Dec 15, 2019, 10:38:16 PM12/15/19
to sagan-users
Cool!  Nicely done and glad you figured it out!