libmaxminddb

Shiva Gujjanti

Nov 11, 2020, 2:23:12 AM11/11/20
to sagan-users
Greetings,

I'm trying to install Iibmaxminddb but getting error message as below. can someone help me to solve the below error !

sudo apt-get install libmaxminddb0 libmaxminddb-dev geoip-database-contrib geoipupdate
[sudo] password for sagan:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libmaxminddb-dev is already the newest version (1.3.1-1).
libmaxminddb0 is already the newest version (1.3.1-1).
geoip-database-contrib is already the newest version (1.19).
geoipupdate is already the newest version (2.5.0-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Setting up geoip-database-contrib (1.19) ...
update-alternatives: error: alternative path /usr/share/GeoIP/GeoLiteCity.dat doesn't exist
dpkg: error processing package geoip-database-contrib (--configure):
 installed geoip-database-contrib package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 2
 geoip-database-contrib

Wilmer Rivera-Fantauzzi

Nov 11, 2020, 4:28:34 AM11/11/20
to sagan...@googlegroups.com
The issue may be due to Maxmind and geoip-database. Geoip from Maxmind seems to be the event in question that is causing the anomaly. It seems Maxmind requires account creation; something about licensing.

For research and development purposes, I suggest you check out https://mauteam.org/mautic/mautic-admins/solved-maxmind-geolite2-database-not-updating/

Another suggestion is to read further from https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoipupdate/

Good luck.

Champ Clark III

Nov 11, 2020, 10:28:42 AM11/11/20
to sagan...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the URL not longer works from Maxmind.  I would.leg them know .  In then mean time , as long as the binaries/libraries are.inatalled , you should be able to manually download the file you need.  Hope this helps.