Tags in github

Brian Candler

Oct 25, 2019, 5:20:43 AM10/25/19
to sagan-users
Hi, just a minor point.

There have been various point releases of sagan over time.  However, for most of these I don't see corresponding tags in the github repository:

$ git tag
1.0.0RC4
1.1.0
sagan-1.0.0
sagan-1.0.0RC4
sagan-1.1.0

It would be helpful if tags could be added at the exact points where the releases were made.  In particular, it would help answer questions like "exactly what changed between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2?" without having to download both tarballs and diff them.

Or: "if I do 'apt-get install sagan', which gives me 1.1.2, what features am I missing?"

I do see the linked posts on sagan-users for each release, which are very helpful, so thanks for those.

Cheers,

Brian.

Da Beave

Oct 25, 2019, 9:54:59 AM10/25/19
to sagan-users
Yes.

I only recently started looking into "tags" for this reason.  I had never really used them so I hadn't implemented them in the Sagan repo.   Thanks for the idea.  I'll need to read up about "tags" a bit :)