Upcoming Change: Fixed API quota when validating response messages online

SafetyNet API Clients Team

Apr 11, 2018, 4:50:02 PM4/11/18
to safetynet-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

If you don’t use the SafetyNet Attestation API for online validation of our response messages, you can ignore this message.

Our documentation already advises all SafetyNet Attestation API clients to avoid using the online API to validate our response messages beyond the initial integration/testing phase. However, many clients continue to use this API for production use.

Calling our API to validate our responses is needlessly inefficient and offers no significant advantages when used in a production setting. We already offer sample code that allows clients to implement an offline method for validating our response messages.

We are now planning to impose an independent and fixed quota of 10,000 requests per day for the online API used to validate our response messages.

Existing clients who use this technique will soon be notified separately that they will have a 90-day window in which they must change their integration to use an alternate method of validation. After the expiry of this notice period, any excess traffic of this nature will begin to fail permanently.

Regards,

SafetyNet API Clients Team