Outage: The SafetyNet Attestation API certificate expired

SafetyNet API Clients

Oct 17, 2021, 3:17:25 PM10/17/21
to SafetyNet API Clients

Hi everyone,

We are currently undergoing an outage and the SafetyNet Attestation API is signing the response using an expired certificate. We are working to mitigate the issue and will send the next update in 6 hours.

The payload is not affected by this issue -- you can continue to trust the verdicts. However, the certificate verification will fail due to certificate expiration. We are working to address the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Vlad on behalf of the SafetyNet Attestation API team

SafetyNet API Clients

Oct 17, 2021, 7:27:12 PM10/17/21
to SafetyNet API Clients

TL;DR: Things are back to normal.

A big thank you to all the developers who notified us!

The certificate is renewed and the SafetyNet Attestation API responses will pass the certificate verification once again.

We apologize for the outage. If you have further questions, please contact us at safetynet-api...@google.com.

Thanks,
Vlad on behalf of the SafetyNet Attestation API team

SafetyNet API Clients

Oct 17, 2021, 10:03:26 PM10/17/21
to SafetyNet API Clients
TL;DR: Things are back to normal, but some apps may continue to see disturbances for a few more hours.

We have come across an app that ran out of quota during the outage (probably due to many retries).
As such, it started getting error 7 (NETWORK_ERROR) for all the SafetyNet Attestation API requests.

To check the quota usage, please use the instructions here.
If you suspect your app is affected, please contact us at safetynet-api...@google.com.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Vlad on behalf of the SafetyNet Attestation API team