Upcoming Change: Use of the default API quota will be deprecated

SafetyNet API Clients Team

Apr 11, 2018, 4:49:59 PM4/11/18
to safetynet-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

If you already use a project-specific API key for the SafetyNet Attestation API, you can ignore this message.

Our documentation already advises all SafetyNet Attestation API clients to sign up for their own dedicated API quota. However, some clients continue to use the default API quota (that’s not specifically assigned to their project) which is now deprecated.

This shared quota unnecessarily exposes your traffic to project-specific throttling and may cause errors for other users of the API. In the coming weeks, we will be blocking new users of the SafetyNet Attestation API (as identified by the application's package name) from using this default quota.

Existing clients using this default quota will soon be notified separately that they will have a 90-day window in which they must change their integration to use a project-specific API key. After the expiry of this notice period, unauthorized traffic from these existing clients will also begin to fail permanently.

Regards,

SafetyNet API Clients Team