DVRPC draft TIP public comment meeting tonight

1 view

Bob Shinn

Jun 11, 2009, 1:27:09 PM6/11/09
to Safer70
Tonight the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission is holding a
7 PM public comment meeting at the Cherry Hill Library on the
2010-2013 Transportation Improvement Program for the region.

For Cherry Hill it includes the Rt 70, Covered Bridge Road
Intersection Improvements and the Rt. 70, Kingston Road, Intersection
Improvements. The total out year cost ( design, right of way purchase
and construction) for each intersection is 9.5 million dollars. That
is $19 million and signals significant changes planned for our
community. To our knowledge neither the Township or NJDOT have held
any meetings with our residents or us on this issue.

Roxane will attend tonight and, if Susanne or no other Safer Route 70
Committee leader is able to so, will provide them with a copy of the
Safer Route 70 Study and recommend they implement its more cost
effective, safer recommendations before spending $19 million on
"intersection improvement plans whose unintended consequences may have
a detrimental affect on our community. The TIP itself describes these
proposed "improvements" as "Minor SOV capacity" increaser. SOV stands
for "single occupant vehicle."

Call Roxane at 856 428 8672 if you have any questions or comments.