FW: Extend red-light test program | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/16/2007

Robert Shinn

Oct 16, 2007, 8:15:25 PM10/16/07
to saf...@googlegroups.com

Dear Committee member,

I updated our Safer Route 70 Plan to add a reference to the dramatic safety improvement on Roosevelt Blvd. in Philadelphia as a result of red light running cameras, which our Plan also recommends.

During the initial 30 days of camera activation at the Grant Avenue intersection, 2,498 red-light running violations were recorded. Over the next six 30-day periods, the Parking Authority recorded 3,046, 3,609, 4,065, 2,896, 4,362 and 2,035 violations, respectively.

After the initial seven-month period, violations dropped dramatically. An average of 570 violations were recorded each month from Nov. 23, 2005, until May 22, 2007 - an 87 percent reduction from the start of the program. When you compare the high point of 4,362 violations in July/August 2005 to the more recent low of 296 violations in June/July 2006, the result was a 93 percent reduction.

I only added a foot note to the article below in our report.

Regards,

Bob Shinn

From: bobs...@gmail.com <bobs...@gmail.com >
Date: Oct 16, 2007 8:09 PM
To: chre...@gmail.com

Philly.com

 * Please note, the sender's email address has not been verified.

You have received the following link from bobs...@gmail.com:

Click the following to access the sent link:

Extend red-light test program | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/16/2007 *

View the most EMAILED for today from Philly.com

Philly.com

1.

Ed Moran | It's been a happy new year so far

Philly.com

2.

Ralph Sando, 60, ophthalmologist

Philly.com

3.

S. Jersey's bazaar of sights and bargains

SAVE THIS link

FORWARD THIS link

Get your EMAIL THIS Browser Button and use it to email information from any Web site.

*This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/pa/10569087.html