Do you also have issues with the API filters?

jan.he...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2020, 8:43:19 AM8/7/20
to Safecast Discussion Group
Hi,
I often use API filters - mostly to send our bGeigie users a "personalized" link to just their data - example:

https://api.safecast.org/en-US/bgeigie_imports?by_status=&by_user_id=671&by_user_name=&commit=Filter&order=created_at+desc&q=petr+klosko&rejected_by=&status=all&uploaded_after=&uploaded_before=&utf8=✓

Unfortunately, this week I am getting error messages and all filters result in a page with this message:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

Is that a bug in the API, something broken or are you performing some changes in the API temporarily causing this?

thanks

Jan

robouden

Aug 7, 2020, 10:36:13 PM8/7/20
to Safecast Discussion Group
Jan,

Just wondering what the "q=petr+klosko" in the query means. I was not aware we can filter on a query like that. Without the "q=petr+klosko" the filtering seems to work fine.

Regards
rob

jan.he...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2020, 5:50:12 AM8/8/20
to Safecast Discussion Group
Dear Rob,
that part means the name of the particular bGeigie user (I am using lowercase letters as I was advised some years before as it causes issues when the name contained some national characters):

Safecast_API_1_filter.png

here is the metadata section for one such example:
Safecast_API_2_data.png

the filter with the name worked fine until recent weeks so I trying to figure out what is the problem and how to fix it.

regards

Jan

Mat Schaffer

Aug 8, 2020, 6:37:36 AM8/8/20
to safecas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the report, Jan! 🧡

Andrew opened this PR for it. Should be able to get it deployed shortly.

Also if it’s helpful we could try to work something out for the national characters.

Rob Oudendijk

Aug 8, 2020, 7:19:33 AM8/8/20
to safecas...@googlegroups.com
Jan,

As Matt mentioned before. We made a PR for the issue and are looking into it.

regards
rob

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk Yuka Hayashi
tel +81 80-22605966  Skype: robouden  Facebook:robouden linkedin:robouden

Mat Schaffer

Aug 10, 2020, 3:14:13 AM8/10/20
to safecas...@googlegroups.com

jan.he...@gmail.com