Volunteer here!

Yongjin Lee

Aug 27, 2020, 9:19:26 PM8/27/20
to Safecast Discussion Group
Hello everyone,

I've been fascinated by this Safecast project since 2011 when the moment started.
And, also I'm one of volunteers by using my bGeigie Nano already :-D (my blog below)

My background,
 - 16 years in Japan for school and business, currently in Korea
 - 18 years as an IT engineer : Web, DB, CDN, and currently AWS solution architect

I'm not sure how much I could contribute, but I'd like to try and do something for all.
It would be happy for me if there were any contact from Safecast through this.

Best,
Yongjin

Mat Schaffer

Aug 28, 2020, 12:05:20 AM8/28/20
to safecas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yongjin! We're always happy to have folks help out.

https://github.com/Safecast/safecastapi/wiki/Onboarding has the onboarding info. Give it a look and see what you think.

Some AWS experience could be useful for the review work I'll need on https://github.com/Safecast/safecastapi/issues/637 once I get a chance to clean it up a bit.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/safecastdata-us-west-2/meetings/api/2020-08-28-api-sync.mp4 was our recording from today's sync meeting. Might help give a bit of a feel of what we have going on.

Rob Oudendijk

Aug 28, 2020, 7:02:12 AM8/28/20
to safecas...@googlegroups.com
Yongjin,

Thanks for contacting us.

I checked you blog/website, and although I can not read Korean, I think it looks like you could be interested in helping out with the bGeigieRaku development (hardware and software) and the bGeigieCast software(replacement with ESP32 for the BleBee for the bGeigieNano).

Let us know what you want to help with.

regards,
Rob Oudendijk

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk Yuka Hayashi
tel +81 80-22605966  Skype: robouden  Facebook:robouden linkedin:robouden