interested in becoming a remote intern :>

audrey....@gmail.com

May 3, 2021, 12:01:41 AM5/3/21
to Safecast Discussion Group
Hello everyone! I am finishing up my sophomore year at Rice University, currently double majoring in Computer Science and Linguistics. I visited Safecast three years ago as one of the 2018 Japan Society Junior Fellows and have since become inspired to pursue a career in designing technology that can help others.

I was hoping that I might be able to join the Safecast team this summer as a remote intern! I believe that such an experience would be invaluable to my pursuit of a career in which I can develop systems and technology that can improve people's lives. Moreover, I am excited for the potential opportunity to help expand a network that promotes the transparent sharing of information in order to create a safer community.

Best,
Audrey Deigaard

Audrey_Deigaard_CV.pdf

Pieter Franken

May 4, 2021, 4:04:49 AM5/4/21
to Safecast Discussion Group
Hi Audrey,

Great to hear back from you and much appreciate your continued interest.  We do accept remote internships as much as we can and will reach out to you directly to setup some time to discuss details.

Talk soon!

Best,
Pieter

Mat Schaffer

May 5, 2021, 1:27:37 AM5/5/21
to safecas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Audrey,

We'd be happy to have some help. https://github.com/Safecast/safecastapi/wiki/Onboarding has the intro material. We meet once a week in JST time to go over what's going on with general cloud tech things.

I'll also sent you a slack invite so you can ask questions as you get settled. Looking forward to seeing your around!