How to upgrade an Onyx?

James Petts

Apr 15, 2016, 5:24:51 PM4/15/16
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support

I have a Kickstarter Onyx running firmware 12.9, and I understand that later versions are significantly better. I've found upgrade instructions here (http://wizkers.github.io/wizkers-doc/ins/medcom-onyx/) but the files are not available for download.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding these so I can upgrade?

Thanks

James Petts

Jul 13, 2016, 12:12:08 PM7/13/16
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Bump. Is the Onyx effectively EOL/unsupported?

Edouard Lafargue

Jul 13, 2016, 12:23:11 PM7/13/16
to James Petts, Safecast Device Discussions and Support
   Hi James!

   I am the current maintainer of the latest versions of the Onyx firmware. It is completely supported and not EOL at all :) And you are right, the current firmware (12.30) is much more advanced. Battery life is now excellent, there are a lot more features, etc.

   Sorry for the links on the documentation being outdated due to a server migration... What operating system are you using? I can send you links to the correct firmware and update software directly,

Ed

James Petts

Jul 13, 2016, 12:46:00 PM7/13/16
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support, jpe...@gmail.com
Thanks Ed, and thanks for the link to the firmware and updated docs.