BLEBee working

Rob Oudendijk

Aug 6, 2013, 11:34:19 AM8/6/13
to safecast...@googlegroups.com
For those who like t connect their bGigieNano in BLE mode to their iPhone 4S of Iphone 5, good news. BLEBee (dr Michael Kroll) has made a Xbee compatible and so FIO compatible board. I got a beta version and it works fine (only need to change the serial communication to 14400 baud, but that ill be later changed to 9600), but need some changes to the physical layout to have the bGeigieNano close.

regards
rob

Shigeru Kawaguchi

Aug 15, 2013, 3:46:58 PM8/15/13
to safecast...@googlegroups.com
I have managed BlueRadios working for me also. Had to alter the line 285 of bGeigieNano.ino to the following to change the baud rate to 38400 as BlueRadios module does not support 14400.;

  Serial.begin(38400);

Then issue a following command to the module, because the BlueRadios default expects 2 stop bits.;

  ATSUART,3,0,0,0

BlueRadios BR-XB-LE4.0-S2 does not support 14400 baud communication on its UART.

Shigeru Kawaguchi

Aug 15, 2013, 5:29:17 PM8/15/13
to safecast...@googlegroups.com
Oops. Correction... The AT command to be put into BlueRadios should be;

 ATSUART,5,0,0,0

Sorry.

Nova Smith

Sep 20, 2013, 9:02:17 AM9/20/13
to safecast...@googlegroups.com
So when can we try this out? I'd love to do the upgrade.

Yohanan Weininger

Dec 24, 2013, 3:39:27 PM12/24/13
to safecast...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone described the setup of connecting the geigerbot iOS app via BLExplr?

I just got my  BLEBee 1.0.0 Rev. B, which fits into the XBee socket and the case closes shut. no problem.
The BLExplr app on iPhone 5c scans and finds  the Nano's BLEbee signal BUT so far the Safecast geigerbot on the iPhone doesnt read data on the nano...  However, with the audio plug connection and the BLExplr turned off, then the Safecast geigerbot on the iPhone does show the CPM on the nano.

There was mention of 14400 serial communication baud rate?

>(only need to change the serial communication to 14400 baud, but that ill be later changed to 9600)
The BLExplr  has Characteristics (settings?)
Is an edit needed to the macroSD card CONFIG.TXT baud rate?
Or to the BLExplr settings? baud rate in hex?
Or perhaps to the setup on the geigerbot?

Little early to query as I have to play with it more and search the help on this in the geigerbot app, Dr. Kroll's BLEBee forum, and here in devices.