No SD Card/GPS reset - wrong open Log

BRS_Maulwurf

Jan 31, 2023, 4:41:04 PM1/31/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Hello Everyone,
ive bought an scratch build bGeigie Nano (Version 1.3.5) from Ebay with no SD-Card.
At first i updatet the version to 1.4.5 without any problem.
I had a old SD-Card (FAT32) 4GB laying around. So i downloaded the CONFIG.TXT and the SAFECAST.TXT from github and set the Devide ID to 0101 (<- i didnt recived my personal ID jet).
When i put the Card into the device and power it on, there is the typical warning "NO SD CARD / GPS RESET"
If i check the SD Card after that there changes in the CONFIG.TXT and ther ist a new SEQLOG00.TXT wich is empty.
I cant find any bad connections on the board. All in all it is very professional mad.
The only odd thing is the OpenLog board. There is a Blue OpenLog-NG Board and not a red one like in the Parts list:
RTF FLUG DATEN RECORDER (CLEANFLIGHT) OPENLOG für Naze32 SP Racing F3 CC3D  flug Flash MicroSD Daten Recorder|Teile & Zubehör| - AliExpress
Could this be the Problem? There are changes made on the SD Card so i assume, the bGeigie can write on the board.

I think i deffinetly need some help.

Thank you
CONFIG.TXT

Jan Helebrant

Feb 6, 2023, 3:22:52 AM2/6/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Hi,
checked a backup of one of our bGeigies and the Config file has different values in it. I attached the file so you can try it.

regards

Jan
Dne úterý 31. ledna 2023 v 22:41:04 UTC+1 uživatel pfinn...@outlook.com napsal:
SAFECAST.TXT
CONFIG.TXT

BRS_Maulwurf

Feb 6, 2023, 11:46:14 AM2/6/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Hey,
thanks for the reply.
I´ve put your two files on the SD-Card and startet the device.
Still the Message: "No SD Card...."
After that i checkt the Files on the Card. See attached.
The CONFIG.TXT has automaticaly changed to other values. and the LOG-File is filled with strange elements.
I think this stange OpenLog-Board is the troublemaker.

Regards,
Philipp
CONFIG.TXT
LOG00255.TXT
SAFECAST.TXT

Rob Oudendijk

Feb 7, 2023, 2:28:30 AM2/7/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Config.txt seems strange to me. Just wondering Openlog-NG stands for Openlog-NoGood? seems diffent firmware on the Openlog-NG. Can you reflash the hardware with the Openlog code (need a ATmega328 flasher hardware)?

BRS_Maulwurf

Feb 7, 2023, 1:27:02 PM2/7/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Hello Rob,

i have no experience with arduino...
So i tried it according to the Sparcfun step by step.
I installed the IDE and put the Libary inside it. Seems everything fine till now. The programm showing the Libaries as "installed".
I connect the FTDI Board with the FIO and try to flash the OpenLog Firmware.
Now i get this error massage: "OpenLog.ino:67:88: fatal error: SdFat.h: No such file or directory"
I have only changed the "SerielPort.h"-file according to the instructions.

And now im stuck.

Regards,
Philipp

BRS_Maulwurf

Feb 7, 2023, 3:54:40 PM2/7/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Okay after some more testing....

now i got this:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Platine: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\Philipp-PC\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SerialPort\SerialPort.cpp:20:0:
C:\Users\Philipp-PC\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SerialPort/SerialPort.h: In member function 'size_t SerialPort<PortNumber, RxBufSize, TxBufSize>::write(const __FlashStringHelper*)':
C:\Users\Philipp-PC\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SerialPort/SerialPort.h:583:11: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type
     const prog_char* p = (const prog_char*)s;
           ^
C:\Users\Philipp-PC\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SerialPort/SerialPort.h:584:25: error: 'p' was not declared in this scope
     size_t n = strlen_P(p);
                         ^

Rob Oudendijk

Feb 7, 2023, 11:33:46 PM2/7/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Philipp,

Be careful not to flash the FIO..
You need to set up the FIO in host mode..

regards,
rob

BRS_Maulwurf

Feb 8, 2023, 2:26:08 PM2/8/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
So short backup from the front line....

My Error from above is solved. Looks like the SerialPort.h-File from " https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/learn_tutorials/4/9/8/OpenLogBundle.zip" has a problem. Downloaded the newest SerialPort.h-file direct from github and now the error is gone.

Now i have to learn to flash in host mode... (Still my first Adruino "Project")
It never gets boring.

BRS_Maulwurf

Feb 15, 2023, 12:35:27 PM2/15/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Ok no idea....

all i can find is a way with "Arduino as SPI" but therefore i have to upload something to FIO directly and then flash the OpenLog.

Would it be easyser to swap the blue board to the original red baord from sparkfun? Then i dont have to upgrade the firmware and im ready to go.

Rob Oudendijk

Feb 16, 2023, 1:03:58 AM2/16/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support

Yes, getting the original board is easier.

Rob

BRS_Maulwurf

Feb 17, 2023, 2:11:28 PM2/17/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Perfect.
So i will order one OpenLog-Board "DEV-13712"...

Just to be safe. I dont have to Flash/Programm the OpenLog board before installing into the bGeigie?
It is ready-to-use according to the Description: "- Preprogrammed ATmega328 and bootloader"

BRS_Maulwurf

Feb 25, 2023, 4:27:55 AM2/25/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Finaly the new Board is here.....

I put in the red original OpenLog and viola. The bGeigie is recording like it should. The SD-Card slot feels a little crunchy. Maybe i have to change the board again, when the mechanism fails.
Only strange thing is, that the blue COUNT LED stays off. Polarity of the LED and diode D1 looks right. I dont care about that, since the rest is working.

Now i only need my own DeviceID and im good to go

IMG_E0241.JPG

Rob Oudendijk

Feb 26, 2023, 1:38:46 AM2/26/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Happy to see it all working.
And now other options like bGeigieCast, updated display and motion sensor!!

IMG_0217.jpg

Regards,
Rob Oudendijk
IMG_0217.jpg

BRS_Maulwurf

Feb 26, 2023, 4:06:10 AM2/26/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
At first i really really need an Device ID for this self build bGeigie from an admin. Help o/

Year your right im very interested in the bGeigieCast. When i bougth my Device on ebay it comes with the BLEBee Blutooth connector board. But since ther is no longer a iphone app i had put away this Module at the moment.
At the latest when the new bGeigieZen is available i will use the bGeigie Nano stationary with the Cast-Module.
Perfect dream team :3

Rob Oudendijk

Feb 26, 2023, 11:43:17 PM2/26/23
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Maybe you need a docking station and wireless charging too.
Pavlo in Ukraine just printed a docking station and setup wireless charging for fixed bGiegieNano with bGeigieCast.
bgeigiecast holder pavlo.jpg