Faulty Nano

aso...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2017, 2:59:34 AM8/4/17
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
I build a Nano and it was working great for four days.
Out of the blue it stopped. And now the blue led is on and the reading is 0.0.
My fear is that the iRover board or the geigercounter is broken.

1. Can someone please check what voltage there is on the high voltage part of the iRover. Mine is 302 volts, NLD says it must be 500 volts.
2. If a part is broken, how can i get a spare part and clain warranty? Via KitHub?

aso...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2017, 3:36:53 PM8/16/17
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Nobody??? ;-(

Rob Oudendijk

Aug 17, 2017, 2:15:26 AM8/17/17
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support

Hi,

The 302Volt could be fine if you measure with 1M ohm voltmeter. Better to measure with a high impedance voltage divider.

Did you check the connections to and from the Irover?
Did you check if the tube is not punctured by accident?

regards
rob

aso...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2017, 9:42:44 AM8/23/17
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Ok it is working again.
After i removed the copper mesh, if you look very good then you could see there is a small burned place on the membrane of the sensor. I think that was the problem.
I ordered a now sensor and now it works again.
The problem i still don't know if it is a production failure or i bumped it to hard will riding my motorbike.

Rob Oudendijk

Aug 24, 2017, 8:55:44 AM8/24/17
to Safecast Device Discussions and Support
Looks broken to me.

rob